Editor Name: Dr. Abbas Amini
Educational Qualification: Ph.D.
Designation: Assistant Professor
Department: Centre for Infrastructure Engineering
Western Sydney University
Research Interest: Bionanotech
Biography: Dr. Abbas Amini is currently an assistant professor at ACK and Western Sydney University, Australia. After obtaining Ph.D. from the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (ranked 17th in Engineering among the universities worldwide), he conducted research with Australian universities, as a postdoctoral research fellow at Monash and Deakin Universities, and as a senior research fellow at the University of Melbourne. His fine outcomes have been presented in high impact factor journals, e.g., Nature publication group, and a recent published book in 2016. Abbas is the editor of more than 20 reputed journals and served as the chair/committee member of more than 120 international conferences to date.
1. G. Zhang, J. Wang, Z. Wu, R. Shi, W. Ouyang, A. Amini, B. N. Chandrashekar, N. Wang, C. Cheng “Shape-Dependent Defect Structures of Monolayer MoS2 Crystals Grown by Chemical Vapor Deposition” ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 9 (2017) 763–770.
2. W. Kong, G Wang, J. Zheng, H. Hu, H. Chen, Y. Li, M. Hu, X. Zhou, C. Liu, B. N. Chandrashekar, A. Amini, J. Wang, B. Xu, C. Cheng “Fabricating High-Efficient Blade-Coated Perovskite Solar Cells under Ambient Condition Using Lead Acetate Trihydrate” Solar RRL, DOI: 10.1002/solr.201700214, Feb. 2018.
3. J. Wang, X. Cai, R. Shi, Z. Wu, W. Wang, G. Long, Y. Tang, N. Cai, W. Ouyang, P. Geng, B. N. Chandrashekar, A. Amini, N. Wang, C. Cheng “Twin Defect Derived Growth of Atomically Thin MoS2 Dendrites” ACS NANO, Dec. 12 (2017), DOI: 10.1021/acsnano.7b07693.
4. J. Wang , R. Shi , W. Wang , N. Cai , P. Chen , D. Kong , A. Amini, C. Chung “Directly Probing Light Absorption Enhancement of Single Hierarchical Structures with Engineered Surface Roughness” Scientific Reports (Nature publications), Ref. SREP-18-11500A, Jul. 2018.
5. F. Khodaei, M. Najafi, A. Hasani, E. Kalantar, E. Sharifi, A. Amini, M. Aghazadeh “Pilus–encoding islets in S. agalactiae and its association with antibacterial resistance and serotype distribution” Journal of Microbial Pathogenesis, DOI.org/10.1016/j.micpath.2018.01.035, Jan. 2018.
6. F. Khodaei, B. Sadeghi Kalani, N. Alizadeh, M. Najafi, E. Kalantar, A. Amini, M. Aghazadeh “Genotyping and Phylogenetic Analysis of Group B Streptococcus by Multiple Locus Variable Number Tandem Repeat Analysis in Iran” Galen Medical Journal, http://dx.doi.org/10.22086/gmj.v0i0.1121 (2018)
7. F-P. Du, N-N. Cao, Y-F. Zhang, P. Fu, Y-G. Wu, Z-D. Lin, R. Shi, A. Amini, C. Cheng, “PEDOT: PSS/Graphene Quantum Dots Films with Enhanced Thermoelectric Properties via Strong Interfacial Interaction and Phase Separation” Scientific Reports (NATURE publications), Ref. SREP-17-53478C (2018).
8. F. NematiNiko, K. G. Chegini, H. Asghari, A. Amini*, N. Gheibi, “Modifying effects of carboxyl group on the interaction of recombinant S100A8/A9 complex with tyrosinase” BBA-Proteins and Proteomics, 1865 (2017) 370-379.
9. S. Safikhan, K. Khoshbakht, M. R. Chaichi, A. Amini, B. Motesharezade “Application of nanomaterial graphene oxide on biochemical traits of Milk thistle (Silybum marianum L.) under salinity stress” Australian Journal of Crop Science, Ref No: AJCSPNE972, Jan 2018.
10. S. Sadri, A. Amini*, C. Cheng, “A New Operational Method to Solve Abel’s and Generalized Abel’s Integral Equations” Applied Mathematics and Computation, 317C (2018) pp. 49-67. *Corresponding author
11. F. Emadi, A. Amini*, A. Gholami, Y. Ghasemi “Functionalized Graphene Oxide with Chitosan for Protein Nanocarriers to Protect against Enzymatic Cleavage and Retain Collagenase Activity” Scientific Reports (NATURE publications), 7 (2017) 42258.
12. S. Sadri, A. Amini*, C. Chung, “A New Numerical Solution for Delay and Advanced Integro-Differential Equations” Numerical Algorithms, 77 (2018) 381-412.
13. L. Zhang, Y. Zhang, R. Shi, S. Bao, J. Wang, A. Amini, B. N. Chandrashekar, C. Cheng “Phosphorous doped graphitic-C 3 N 4 hierarchical architecture for hydrogen production from water under visible light” Materials Today Energy, 5 (2017) 91-98.
14. S. Akbarnezhad, A. Amini*, A. S. Goharrizi, T. Rainey, L. Morawska, “Capacity of quartz fibers with high filtration efficiency for capturing soot aerosol particles” International Journal of Environmental Science and Technology, 17 (2017) 1-10.
15. M. Moghadasi, D. Ilghari, M. Sirati-Sabet, A. Amini*, H. Asghari, N. Gheibi, “Structural characterization of recombinant human fibroblast growth factor receptor 2b kinase domain upon interaction with omega fatty acids” Chemistry and Physics of Lipids, 202 (2017) 21-27.
16. K. Sadri, A. Amini*, C. Cheng, “Low cost numerical solution for three-dimensional linear and nonlinear integral equations via three-dimensional Jacobi polynomials” journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, 319 (2017) 493-513.
17. L. Zhang, M. Yang, S. Zhang, Z. Wu, A. Amini, Y. Zhang, D. Wang, S. Bao, Z. Lu, N. Wang, C. Cheng, “V2O5-C-SnO2 Hybrid Nanobelts as High Performance Anode for Lithium-ion Batteries”, journal of Scientific Reports (NATURE publications), 6 (2016) 33597.
18. M. Khatami, S. M. Mortazavi, Z. K. Farahani, A. Amini, E. Amini, H. Heli, “Biosynthesis of silver nanoparticles using pine pollen and evaluation of the antifungal efficiency” Iranian Journal of Biotechnology, 15 (2017) 95-101.
19. L. Haghshenas, A. Amini, A. B. Bhatti, G. Rahimi, “In vitro Antibacterial Biofilm effect of Magnesium Oxide Nanoparticles on Streptococcus mutans”, Journal of Micro & Nano Biomedicine, 1, (2016) 21-27.
20. E. Bidram, A. Sulistio, A. Amini, Q. Fu, G. Qiao, A. Stewart, D. E. Dunstan, “Fractionation of graphene oxide single nano-sheets in water-glycerol solutions using gradient centrifugation” Carbon, 103 (2016) 363-371.
21. A. Hashem Nia, A. Amini, S. Taghavi, H. Eshghi, M. Ramezani, “A Facile Friedel-Crafts Acylation for the Synthesis of Polyethylenimine-Grafted Multi-walled Carbon Nanotubes as Efficient Gene Delivery Vectors” International Journal of Pharmaceutics, 502 (2016) 125-137.
22. R. Azimi, S. Hossein Jafari, M.K. Kianian, V. Khaksarzade, A. Amini, “Studying Arbuscular Mycorrhiza Symbiotic Effects on Establishment and Morphological Characteristics of Bromus kopetdaghensis in Cadmium Contaminated Soil”, journal of Taiwan Water Conservancy, 64 (2016) 82-91.
23. M. Soltani Nejad, G.H. Shahidi Bonjar, M. Khatami, A. Amini, S. Aghighi, “In vitro and in vivo antifungal properties of silver nanoparticles against Rhizoctonia solani, a common agent of rice sheath blight disease” IET Nanobiotechnology, (2016) DOI: 10.1049/iet-nbt.2015.0121.
24. S. Mohammadi, S. Pourseyedi, A. Amini*, “Green Synthesis of Silver Nanoparticles using Cowpea Seeds (Vigna sp. L) with a Long Lasting Stability”, journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering, 4 (2016) 2023-2032.
25. R. Shi, C. Huang, L. Zhang, A. Amini, K. Liu, Y. Shi, S. Bao, N. Wang, C. Cheng “Three Dimensional Sculpturing of Vertical Nanowire Arrays by Conventional Photolithography”, journal of Scientific Reports (NATURE publications), 6 (2016) 18886.
26. Y. Shi, S. Bao, R. Shi, C. Huang, L. Zhang, A. Amini, Z. Wu, N. Wang, C. Cheng, “Y-shaped ZnO Nanobelts Driven from Twinned Dislocations”, journal of Scientific Reports (NATURE publications), 6 (2016) 22494.
27. A. Amini*, C. Yang, Y. Xiang, “Hypothesis on phase transition nucleation and propagation in polycrystalline NiTi shape memory alloys under nanoscale compressive loading”, journal of Materials Today: P., 3 (2016) 708-714.
28. M. Naebe, M. M. Abolhasani, H. Khayyam, A. Amini, B. Fox, “Crack Damage in Polymers and Composites: A Review”, Polymer Reviews, 56 (2016) 31-69.
29. F. Daneshnia, A. Amini, M. R. Chaichi, “Berseem clover quality and basil essential oil yield in intercropping system under limited irrigation treatments with surfactant”, journal of Agricultural Water Management, 164 (2016) 331-339.
30. H. Asghari, K. G. Chegini, A. Amini*, N. Gheibi, “Effect of Poly and Mono Unsaturated Fatty Acids on Stability and Structure of Recombinant S100A8/A9 Complex”, journal of Biological Macromolecules, 84 (2016) 35-42.
31. C. Huang, R. Shi, A. Amini, Z. Wu, S. Xu, L. Zhang, W. Cao, J. Feng, H. Song, Y. Shi, N. Wang, C. Cheng, “Hierarchical ZnO nanostructures with blooming flowers driven by screw dislocations”, journal of Scientific Reports (NATURE publications), 5 (2015) 8226.
32. A. Amini*, C. Yang, C. Cheng, M. Naebe, Y. Xiang, “Nanoscale variation in energy dissipation in austenitic shape memory alloys in ultimate loading cycles”, journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures, 26 (2015) 2411-2417.
33. F. Daneshnia, A. Amini, M. R. Chaichi, “Surfactant effect on forage yield and water efficiency for berseem clover and basil in intercropping and limited irrigation systems”, journal of Agricultural Water Management, 160 (2015) 57-63.
34. F. Ghasempour, R. Azimirad, A. Amini*, O. Akhavan, “Visible light photoinactivation of bacteria by tungsten oxide nanostructures formed on a tungsten foil”, journal of Applied Surface Science, 338 (2015) 55-60.
35. A. Amini*, C. Yang, Y. Xiang, “Improved nanoindentation phase transformation in functional structure of NiTi SMA and graphene”, journal of Advanced Materials Research, 1119 (2015) 160-164.
36. C. Cheng*, A. Amini*, C. Zhu, Z. Xu, H. Song, N. Wang, “Enhanced catalytic performance of TiO2-ZnO hybrid nanostructures”, journal of Scientific Reports (NATURE publications), 4 (2014) 4181.
37. M. Naebe, J. Wang, A. Amini, H. Khayyam, N. Hameed, L. H. Li, Y. Chen, B. Fox, “Mechanical Property and Structure of Covalent Functionalised Graphene/Nanocomposites Polymers”, journal of Scientific Reports (NATURE publications), 4 (2014) 4375.
38. C. Cheng, H. Guo, A. Amini, K. Liu, D. Fu, J. Zou, H. Song, “Self-Assembly and Horizontal Orientation Growth of VO2 Nanowires”, journal of Scientific Reports (NATURE publications), 4 (2014) 5456.
39. A. Amini*, C. Cheng, “Nature of hardness evolution in nanocrystalline NiTi shape memory alloys during solid-state phase transition”, journal of Scientific Reports (NATURE publications), 3 (2013) 2476.
40. A. Amini*, C. Cheng, Q. Kan, M. Naebe, H. Song, “Phase Transformation Evolution in NiTi Shape Memory Alloy under Cyclic Nanoindentation Loadings at Dissimilar Rates”, journal of Scientific Reports (NATURE publications), 3 (2013) 3412.
41. A. Amini*, C. Cheng, M. Naebe, J. Church, N. Hameed, A. Asgari, F. Will, “Temperature variations at nano-scale level in phase transformed nanocrystalline NiTi shape memory alloys adjacent to graphene layers”, journal of Nanoscale, 5 (2013) 6479-6484.
42. A. Amini*, C. Cheng, A. Asgari, “Combinational rate effects on the performance of nano-grained pseudoelastic Nitinols”, journal of Materials Letters, 105 (2013) 98-101.
43. N. Hameed, J. Church, N. Salim, T. Hanley, A. Amini, B. Fox, “Dispersing Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes in Ionic Liquids”, journal of RSC Advances, 3 (2013) 20034-20039.
44. A. Amini*, N. Hameed, J. Church, C. Cheng, A. Asgari, F. Will, “Effect of graphene layers on thermomechanical behavior of NiTi shape memory alloy during nano-scale phase transition”, journal of Scripta Materialia, 68 (2013) 420-423.
45. W. Yan, A. Amini, Q. Sun, “On anomalous depth-dependency of the hardness of NiTi shape memory alloys in spherical nanoindentation”, journal of Materials Research, 28 (2013) 2031-2039.
46. A. Amini*, H. Beladi, N. Hameed, F. Will, “Effects of dynamic loading on nano-scale depth-recovery and damping property of single crystal CuAlNi shape memory alloy”, journal of Alloys and Compounds, 545 (2012) 222-224.
47. A. Amini, Y. He, Q. Sun, “Loading rate dependency of maximum nanoindentation depth in nano-grained NiTi shape memory alloys”, journal of Materials Letters, 65 (2011) 464-466.
48. A. Amini, W. Yan, Q. Sun, “Depth dependency of indentation hardness during solid-state phase transition of shape memory alloys”, journal of Applied Physics Letters, 99 (2011) 021901.