Editor Name: Dr. Ebrahim Rajab
Educational Qualification: B.Sc., M.Sc., Ph.D.
Designation: Director of Foundation Year Cycle, Lecturer in Human Biology, School of Medicine, Royal College of Surgeons Ireland.
Department: Human Biology
Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
Research Interest: Physiology & Pharmacology.
August 2017- present. Foundation Year Cycle Director, Royal College of Surgeons Ireland, Bahrain.
April 2016 – present: Lecturer in Human Biology, Royal College of Surgeons Ireland, Bahrain.
February 2012-March 2016. Director of Academic Quality Assurance, Centre of Accreditation & Quality Assurance, Ahlia University, Bahrain.
April 2009 – March 2016. Chairman, Physiotherapy Department, College of Medical & Health Sciences, Ahlia University, Bahrain.
March 2009 – March 2016. Assistant Professor, Physiotherapy Dept, College of Medical & Health Sciences, Ahlia University, Bahrain.
September 2006-February 2009. Physiotherapist; Altnagelvin Area Hospital, Northern Ireland, U.K.
April 2006-August 2006. Locum Physiotherapist; University of Ulster Physiotherapy & Sports Injuries Clinic, U.K.
September 05-March 06. Locum Physiotherapist; Regional Rehabilitation Unit , RAF Aldergrove, U.K.
March 2005-August 2010. Physiotherapist; 204 Field Hospital (V), St Patrick’s Barrack Ballymena, Northern Ireland, BFPO 808.
April 1999-March 2003. In vivo Pharmacologist (Scientist Grade); Pfizer Global Research and Development, U.K.
Peer reviewed publications
1. Othman MA, Rajab E, AlMubarak A, AlNaisar M, Bahzad N, Kamal A. Erythropoietin protects against cognitive impairment and hippocampal neurodegeneration in diabetic mice. Submitted. BMC Neuroscience. 2018.
2. Rajab E, Al-Kafaji G, Al Enazi H, Al Qassab N, Sakusic A, Kamal A. Additive benefits of environmental enrichment and voluntary exercise on cognition and motor coordination in diabetic mice. Bahrain Medical Bulletin 39, 11-16, 2017.
3. Maki D, Rajab E, Watson PJ, Critchley DJ. Cross-cultural translation, adaptation and psychometric properties of the Back Beliefs Questionnaire in Modern Standard Arabic. Disability and Rehabilitation 39(3):272-280, 2016.
4. Rajab E, Alqanbar B, Naiser MJ, Abdulla HA, Al-Momen MM, Kamal A. Sex differences in learning and memory following short-term dietary restriction in the rat. International Journal of Developmental Neuroscience 36, 74-80, 2014.
5. Rajab E, Abdeen Z, Hassan Z, AlSaffar Y, Mandeel M, Al Shawaaf, Al-Ansari A, Kamel A. Cognitive performance and convulsion risk after experimentally-induced febrile-seizures in rat. International Journal of Developmental Neuroscience 34, 19-23, 2014
6. Maki D, Rajab E, Watson PJ, Critchley DJ. Cross-cultural translation, adaptation and validation of the Roland-Morris Disability Questionnaire into Modern Standard Arabic. Spine 39(25):E1537-44, 2014.
7. Rajab KE, Issa AA, Hasan Z, Rajab E, Jaradat A. Incidence of Gestational Diabetes Mellitus in Bahrain during the period 2002 – 2010: a retrospective study of 49,552 pregnant women. International Journal of Gynaecology & Obstetrics 117, 74-7, 2012.
8. Rajab P, Fox J, Riaz S, Tomlinson D, Ball D, Greenhaff PL. Skeletal muscle myosin heavy chain isoforms and energy metabolism after clenbuterol treatment in the rat. American. Journal of Physiology. 279, R1076-1081, 2000.
1. Al Enazi H, Rajab E, Al Qassab N, Al-Ghareeb S, Al Arab E, Kamal A. Additive benefits of environmental enrichment and voluntary exercise on cognition and motor coordination in diabetic mice. Endocrine Abstracts (2016) 43 OC13.
2. Ansari AA, Rajab E, Othman M, AlNaisar M, Almubarak A. PT681. The protective role of erythropoietin on the cognitive power deficit of the brain and histological changes in the hippocampus of diabetic mice. International Journal of Neuropsychopharmacology. 2016;19(Suppl 1):48.
3. Maki D, Rajab E, Watson PJ, Critchley DJ. Cross-cultural translation, adaptation and psychometric properties of the Back Beliefs Questionnaire in Modern Standard Arabic. WCPT Congress. May, 2015.
4. Maki D, Rajab E, Watson PJ, Critchley DJ. Determining the feasibility of a physiotherapist-led pain management programme for Arab patients with low back pain in Bahrain. WCPT Congress. May, 2015.
5. Al-Jairan D.N., Al Maeeli H.K., Al Fadhel A.R., Al Saeedi E.S., Shibu L., Rajab E. Prevalence of work-related musculoskeletal disorders amongst physiotherapists in the Kingdom of Bahrain. WCPT Congress. May, 2015.
6. Rajab EK, Rajab KE, Trinidad P. Overweight and obesity amongst children and adolescents in Gulf Cooperation Council States: a systematic review. Diabetes Technology & Therapeutics. 16, Suppl. 1, A128, P324, 2014.
7. Maki D, Rajab E, Watson P, Critchley D. Cross-cultural translation and adaptation of the Arabic Roland Morris Disability Questionnaire. WCPT-AWP and ACPT Congress. September. 2013.
8. Rajab E, Al Ali H, Al-Ghareeb S, Kamal A. Benefits of socialization & environmental enrichment on spatial memory and motor coordination in diabetic mice. The 23rd Annual Neuroscience Conference: Brain Plasticity and Neurorehabilitation. March. 2013.
9. Rajab E, Al Ali H, Al-Ghareeb S, Kamal A. Beneficial effects of voluntary exercise on motor coordination and spatial memory in streptozotocin-induced diabetic mice. The 5th International Conference on Advanced Technologies & Treatments for Diabetes. February. 2012.
10. Rajab P, Greenhaff PL, Constantin-Teodosiu D, et al. Dietary creatine supplementation increases creatine transporter mRNA content and 26S proteasome activity in rat Myocardium. J. Physiol. (London) 515P, 54-65, 1999.
11. Rajab P, Constantin-Teodosiu D, Mayer RJ, et al. Changes in proteasome-dependent proteolysis 6 hours after single bolus administration of clenbuterol. Br. J. Pharmacol. S126, 27P, 1999.
12. Rajab P, Constantin T, Arnold J, et al. 4 days clenbuterol treatment increases proteasome activity in rat skeletal muscle. Med. Sci. Sports. Exerc. 30, S226, 1287, 1998.
13. Greenhaff PL, Rajab P, Bennett T, et al. Cardiovascular effects of daily clenbuterol administration in the conscious rat. Med. Sci. Sports. Exerc. 30, S27, 151, 1998.
14. Ashley EA, Rajab EP, et al. Short term relaxation training can reduce the physiological cost of running. Med. Sci. Sports Exerc. 27:5 Supplement. 1995.
LM Shibu, EK Rajab, T Eldabi. Evaluating professional development in healthcare with outcome based models. Higher Education in the Twenty-First Century II, 31-38.