Editor Name: Dr. Magdy Ibrahim Mostafa
Educational Qualification: MD
Designation: Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Cairo University, Egypt
Department: Obstetrics and Gynecology
Research Interest: Obstetric and Gynecologic Ultrasound, Doppler, Biomedical statistics, Research Methodology
Biography: Dr. Magdy Ibrahim Mostafa is a Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University, Egypt. He received his MD at Cairo University, Egypt, 1997. He worked as a Co-Editor, Kasr El Aini Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University. He Published more than 53 articles in different journals.
Participation in courses and workshops:
Participation in meetings and conferences:
1. Evaluating the problem of human papilloma virus infection. Sherif T. El Ghonimy, Mostafa M. El-Sadek, Magdy I. Moustafa, Mohamed I. El-Bokl, Bahaa I. Mounir. The Journal of the Egyptian Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology 1998; 24 (No. 4, 5 & 6):300-8.
2. Intrathecal neostigmine for post cesarean section analgesia and its influence on spinal anesthesia. Gamal M. Hafiz, Magdy I. Mostafa. Egyptian Journal of intensive care 1998;3(2):1-11.
3. The role of measuring serum levels of carcinoembryonic antigen in staging of ovarian malignancy. Kinawy, G.A.; Moustafa, M.I. El Sadek; M.M. El Ghazaly, H.M.; Ramadan, A; Yassen, D.A. and El Gemaey, E.H. The Journal of the Egyptian Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology 1999;25(No. 1, 2 & 3):202-11.
4. The prognostic value of measuring maternal serum Inhibin-A in cases of threatened abortion. Mohamed Emadeldin salem, Magdy Ibrahim Mostafa, Hesham Gamal El-Din, Ahmed Ibrahim Aref, Maha Youssif Soliman. The Medical Journal of Cairo University 1999;67(3, suppl.):63-9.
5. Treatment of postmenopausal stress urinary incontinence, vaginal estrogen versus hormonal replacement therapy, A prospective randomized study. Ahmed I. Aref, Magdy Ibrahim, Tarek Fawzi, Mohamed Waly, Mohamed S. Abdel Azem. The Medical Journal of Cairo University 2000;68(1, Suppl.):79-86.
6. Does tubal sperm perfusion improve the results of intrauterine insemination? Magdy I. Mostafa, Akram M. El Adawy, Abd El-Hamid M. Attia, Farid Abd El Hady. Kasr El Aini Medical Journal 2000;6(3):405-13.
7. Maternal and neonatal serum leptin levels in normal and diabetic pregnant Egyptian women. Akram M. El Adawy, Magdy I. Mostafa, Ashraf A. Ramadan, Omayma A. Gohar. The Medical Journal of Cairo University 2001;69(2, suppl. 2):83-8.
8. A comparative study between conventional transvaginal ultrasound and saline infusion sonohysterography for endometrial evaluation in cases with post-menopausal bleeding. Magdy I. Mostafa. The Journal of the Egyptian Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology 2001;27(No. 10, 11, 12):800-8.
9. Checking the integrity of Cesarean section scars: a possible new role for sonohysterography. Akram M. El Adawy, Mostafa M. El Sadek, Magdy I. Mostafa, Manal M. Hamdy, Mohamed H. Shehata. Kasr El Aini Medical Journal 2001;7(4):301-10.
10. Comparative study of 3 alendronate regimens in treating postmenopausal osteoporosis. Magdy I. Mostafa, Akram M. El Adawy, Manal Hamdy, Omayma Gohar. The Journal of the Egyptian Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology 2002;28(No. 7, 8, 9).
11. Role of phytoestrogens in managing menopausal symptoms among Egyptian women. Magdy I. Mostafa, Akram M. El Adawy, Manal Hamdy, Mohamed M. Wali, Ayman A. Marzouk, Nabil Khattar, Emad El Gemee. Kasr El Aini Medical Journal 2002;8(6):131-38.
12. Role of transvaginal sonography of uterine cervix in predicting the prognosis of labor induction. Manal Hamdy El Said, Akram M. El Adawy, Magdy I. Mostafa. Kasr El Aini Medical Journal 2002;8(6):113-20.
13. Diagnosis of endometriosis: A second look at the role of biochemical markers. Mahmoud E. Salem, Iman A. Khalil, Magdy I. Mostafa, Mostafa M. El-Sadek, Abdelhamid M. Attyia, Hesham Gamal El Din. The Medical Journal of Cairo University 2003;71(4, suppl.2):21-7.
14. Transdermal Glyceryl trinitrate (Nitroglycerine) versus intravenous ritodrine in treating preterm labor: Efficacy and side effects. Gafaar A. Kinawy, Magdy I. Mostafa, Mostafa M. El-Sadek, Ayman A. Marzouk, Nawara Mohamed. Kasr El Aini Medical Journal 2004;10(1, suppl.):91-6.
15. IUGR suspected cases: the value of umbilical artery versus villous artery Doppler velocimetry in predicting fetal outcome. Mostafa M. El Sadek, Magdy Ibrahim, Alaa El Ibrashy, Osama Shawky, Ashraf Younes. Kasr El Aini Medical Journal 2004;10(3):73-8.
16. Etiology of pubertal disorders in Egypt: A hospital-based study. Magdy I. Mostafa, Ragab H. The Journal of the Egyptian Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology 2004;30(No. 7, 8, 9):684-92.
17. Effect of rosiglitazone on clomiphene citrate-induced ovulation in women with polycystic ovarian syndrome. Mahmoud Salem, Iman A.M. Khalil, Magdy I. Mostafa, Sherif M. Khattab and Hesham Gamal El-Din. The Medical Journal of Cairo University 2005;73(1, suppl.):117-22.
18. Middle cerebral/umbilical artery resistance index ratio as sensitive parameter for fetal well-being and neonatal outcome in patients with preeclampsia. Croat Med J 2005; 46(5): 821-25.
19. Usefulness of aspirin therapy in high risk pregnant women with abnormal uterine artery Doppler ultrasound at 14 – 16 weeks pregnancy: Randomized controlled clinical trial. Croat Med J 2005; 46(5): 826-31.
20. Pre-operative characterization of adnexal masses using color Doppler ultrasonography versus magnetic resonance imaging. Magdy I. Mostafa, Hatem H. Sallam. The Journal of the Egyptian Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology 2005;31(No. 7, 8, 9):633-43.
21. Early fetal trans-abdominal and trans-vaginal anatomy scans. Will they substitute the mid-trimester anomaly scan? Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology 2008;32(3):338. 18th World Congress on Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology, OP09.04.
22. Luteal phase estradiol supplementation in IVF cycles stimulated with GnRH analogues and gonadotrophins: Is there any benefit? Mostafa MI. MEFS 2008;13(3): 224-225.
23. The correlation between basal serum follicle-stimulating hormone levels before embryo cryopreservation and the clinical outcome of frozen embryo transfers. Ahmed Kassab, Luca Sabatini, Amanda Tozer, Ariel Zosmer, Magdy Mostafa, Talha Al-Shawaf. Fertil Steril 2009; 92:1269-75.
24. Does luteal estradiol supplementation have a role in long agonist cycles? Eman, A. Elgindy, Dahlia, O. El-Haieg, Magdy I. Mostafa, Mostafa Shafiek. Fertil Steril 2010; 93:2182-88.
25. 13–14-week fetal anatomy scan: a 5-year prospective study. Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology 2010;35(3):292–296.
26. N-acetyl cysteine: could it be an effective adjuvant therapy in ICSI cycles? Eman, A. El Guindy, Ahmed M. El-Huseiny, Magdy I. Mostafa, Ahmed M. Gaballah, and Taha A. Ahmed. RBM on line 2010; 20:789-796.
27. Comparison of two policies for induction of labour postdates. Kassab A, Tucker A, El-Bialy G, Mustafa M, Macaulay J, Fox R. Journal of Obstet Gynaecol 2011;31(1):32-6.
28. Blastocyst-stage versus cleavage-stage embryo transfer in women with high oestradiol concentrations: randomized controlled trial. Eman A. Elgindy, Ahmad M. Abo Setta, Magdy I. Mostafa. RBM on line 2011;23(6):789-798.
29. Role of the levonorgestrel intrauterine system in effective contraception. Abdelhamid M Attia, Magdy M Ibrahim, Ahmed M Abou-Setta. Dove Press Journal on line, 2013, DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2147/PPA.S36948
30. Sonographic evaluation of fetal abdominal circumference and cerebroplacental Doppler indices for the prediction of fetal macrosomia in full term pregnant women. Cohort study. Rana M.A. Abdella, Shady A.M. Ahmed, Magdy I. Moustafa. Middle East Fertility Society Journal 2014;19(1):69-74.
31. Protecting Ovaries During Chemotherapy Through Gonad Suppression: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Elgindy EA, Sibai H, Abdelghani A, Mostafa MI. Obstet Gynecol 2015;126:187–95.
32. Effect of Pelvic Floor Muscle Exercise Training Protocol for Pregnant Woman During 3rd Trimester on Labor Duration. Amany Arafat Goda, Magda A. Fawaz, Gehan Ghonem, Magdy I. Mostafa, Hanan Metaweaa. Journal of Health, Medicine and Nursing 2015;15:10-19.
33. Ahmed Elmaraezy, Abdelrahman Ibrahim Abushouk, Amany Emara, Omar Elshahat, Hussien Ahmed, Magdy I. Mostafa. Effect of metformin on maternal and neonatal outcomes in pregnant obese non-diabetic women: A meta-analysis. International Journal of Reproductive BioMedicine 2017;15(8):461-470.
34. Towards an optimal luteal support modality in agonist triggered cycles: a randomized clinical trial. Elgindy EA, Sibai H, Mostafa MI, Gibreel A, Darwish E, and Maghraby H. Hum Reprod 2018;33(6):1079–86.
35. ICSI cycles in women in over 40 years; analysis of 3 different ovarian stimulation protocols. Sibai H, Elgindy EA, Mostafa MI.
36. Evaluation of sFlt & PlGF as angiogenic biomarkers for prediction of Preeclampsia and their correlation with secondary maternal & fetal outcomes in an Egyptian cohort. Momtaz M, Kamel R, Negm S, Ali AM, Morgan MF, Hussein AM, Thabet MY, Hussein SS, Mostafa MI.
37. Evaluation of AmnioSenseTM pads for the diagnosis of premature rupture of membranes. Rana M.A. Abdella, Omran A, Magdy I Mostafa.
38. 17-22weeks ultrasonographically measured cervical length as a predictor of induction of labour outcome. Kassab AS, Mostafa MI.
39. Effect of LED Light-curing on the Relative Hardness of Tooth-colored Restorative Materials. E Mobarak, I Elsayad, M Ibrahim, W El-Badrawy. Operative Dentistry 2009;34(1):65-71.
40. Treatment of periocular hyperpigmentation due to lead of kohl (surma) by penicillamine: A single group non-randomized clinical trial. Omar Soliman El Safoury, Dina Sabry Abd El Fatah, Magdy Ibrahim. Indian Journal of Dermatology 2009;54(4):361-3.
41. Modification of tongue guard for speech and functional rehabilitation in children with Down syndrome. Mostafa Ahmed Abdel Rahman Ahmed, Tamer Oraby, Mostafa Ibrahim Mostafa, Magdy Ibrahim, Iman Aboul Ezz, Nagwa Abdel Maguid, Sayed Hafez, Ahmed Abdel Salam Eid. The Egyptian Medical Journal of the National Research Center 2010;9(1): 34-42.
42. A study of androgen and estrogen receptors α, β in skin tags. Omar El Safoury, Lila Rashid, Magdy Ibrahim. Indian Journal of Dermatology 2010;55(1):20-24.
43. Clinical Relevance of Carotid Atherosclerosis among Egyptians: A 5-Year Retrospective Analysis of 4,733 Subjects. Foad Abd Allah, Essam Baligh, Magdy Ibrahim. Neuroepidemiology 2010; 35:275–9.
44. Clinical and Laboratory Parameters as Predictors for Failure of Empirical Antibiotics in Early Onset Neonatal Sepsis. Yasmeen A. Mansi; Dalia Ahmed Khairy Abd Ellatif; Magdy Ibrahim. Egyptian Journal of Neonatology, 2011;12:129-40.
45. A Clinical Evaluation of Skin Tags in Relation to Obesity, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Age, and Sex. Indian J Dermatol. 2011;56(4):393–397.
46. Maha M. Saber Ayad, Gomaa Mostafa-Hedeab, Inas A. Latif, Sahier Elkashab, Tarek Elshaboney, Magdy Mostafa, Sanaa Abd El-Shafy, and Magda Zaki. Functional G1199A ABCB1 polymorphism may have an effect on cyclosporine blood concentration in renal transplanted patients. The Journal of Clinical Pharmacology 2013;53(8) 827–33.
47. Serum resistin level and its receptor gene expression in liver biopsy as predictors for the severity of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. Mona Hegazy, Soheir Abo-Elfadl, Abeer Mostafa, Magdy Ibrahim, Laila Rashed, Ahmed Salman. EJOHG 2014;4(2):59-62.
48. Expression of osteopontin genotypes (T-4754-C and A-9138-C) in psoriasis and their relation to metabolic syndrome. Abde Hay R, Nour-Edin F, Hegazy R, Khadiga S, Rashed L (Acknowledgement). J Dermatol Sci. 2014;75(2):150-3. doi: 10.1016/j.jdermsci. 2014.04.013. Epub 2014 May 5.
49. Transforming growth factor-β1 gene polymorphism in mycosis fungoides. Zayed AA, Abdel-Halim MRE, Sayed KS, Mohammed FN, Hany DM, Amr K S (Acknowledgement). Clin Exp Dermatol 2014;39(7):806-9.
50. Ahmed Mortada Fikry, Amr Zahran, Moamen Sheba, Magdy Mostafa. Clinical Effectiveness of the Lateral Approach of the Maxillary Sinus Floor Augmentation using Different Gadgets with Simultaneous Implant Placement: A Systematic Review with Meta-Analysis. Indian Journal of Science and Technology 2017;10(10):1-11.
51. Philtrum length and intercommissural distance measurements at mixed dentition period. Mostafa Mostafa, Nehal Hassib, Inas Sayed, Amany Neamat, Magda Ramzy, Tarek El-Badry, Hisham ElGabry, Haidy Salem, Nada Omar, Amira Ismail, Yousra Ibrahim, Amr Shebaita, Ahmed Allam, Magdy Mostafa. Am J Med Genet 2018;176A:1145–1149.
52. Toenail Concentrations of Zinc, Selenium and Nickel in Patients with Chronic Recurrent Warts: A Pilot Case-Control Study. M. H. EL-Komy, V. G. Hafez, D. A. Mehaney, I. M. Hafez (Acknowledgement).
53. Hundreds of publications in which I was acknowledged for scientific contribution, statistical and design work.