Editor Name: Dr. Mingku Zhu
Educational Qualification: PhD
Designation: Associate professor
Jiangsu Normal University
Research Interest: Plant development: Focus on the development process affected by genetic regulators of plant tissues and organs, including fruits, roots and flowers. Plant abiotic stress signal transduction: We are interested in improving our understanding of the genetic mechanisms of plants (Arabidopsis, tomato and sweetpotato) resistance to drought and salt stresses and in identifying key genes for modifying the responses of crops to environmental stresses.
Biography: Dr. Mingku Zhu has completed his Ph.D in Biology, Chongqing University, Chongqing, China. He completed his Master degree candidate, Biology, Chongqing University, Chongqing, China. He completed his BSc, bioengineering, Henan institute of science and technology, China.
1. Zhu Mingku, Xiaoqing Meng, Jing Cai, Ge Li, Tingting Dong, Zongyun Li. Basic leucine zipper transcription factor SlbZIP1 mediates salt and drought stress tolerance in tomato. BMC plant biology, 2018, 18(1): 83.
2. Dong Tingting, Han Rongpeng, Yu Jiawen, Zhu Mingku, Zhang Yi, Li Zongyun. Anthocyanins accumulation and molecular analysis of correlated genes by metabolome and transcriptome in green and purple asparaguses (Asparagus officinalis, L.). Food chemistry, 2019, 271, 18-28.
3. Xiaoqing Meng, Ge Li, Jing Yu, Jing Cai, Tingting Dong, Jian Sun, Tao Xu, Zongyun Li, Shenyuan Pan, Daifu Ma, Mingku Zhu# (Corresponding author). Isolation, expression analysis and function evaluation of 12 novel stress-responsive genes of NAC transcription factors in sweetpotato. Crop science, 2018, 1-12.
4. Lincheng Zhang*, Mingku Zhu*(Joint first author), Lijun Ren, Anzhou Li, Guoping Chen, Zongli Hu. The SlFSR gene controls fruit shelf-life in tomato. Journal of experimental botany. 2018, ery116.
5. Jing Cai, Xiaoqing Meng, Ge Li, Tingting Dong, Jian Sun, Zongyun Li, Yonghua Han, Mingku Zhu# (Corresponding author). Identi?cation, expression analysis, and function evaluation of 42 tomato DEAD-box RNA helicase genes in growth development and stress response. Acta Physiologiae Plantarum, 2018, 40: 1-11.
6. Mingku Zhu, Guoping Chen, Shuang Zhou, Yun Tu, Yi Wang, Tingting Dong, Zongli Hu. A new tomato NAC (NAM/ATAF1/2/CUC2) transcription factor, SlNAC4, functions as a positive regulator of fruit ripening and carotenoid accumulation. Plant and Cell Physiology. 2014, 55: 119-135.
7. Mingku Zhu, Yali Li, Guoping Chen, Lijun Ren, Qiaoli Xie, Zhiping Zhao, Zongli Hu. Silencing SlELP2L, a tomato Elongator complex protein 2-like gene, inhibits leaf growth, accelerates leaf, sepal senescence, and produces dark-green fruit. Scientific reports. 2015, 5.
8. Mingku Zhu, Zongli Hu, Shuang Zhou, Lingling Wang, Tingting Dong, Yu Pan, Guoping Chen. Molecular characterization of six tissue-specific or stress-inducible genes of NAC transcription factor family in tomato (Solanum lycopersicum). Journal of Plant Growth Regulation. 2014, 33: 730-744.
9. Mingku Zhu, Guoping Chen, Jianling Zhang, Yanjie Zhang, Qiaoli Xie, Zhiping Zhao, Yu Pan, Zongli Hu. The abiotic stress-responsive NAC-type transcription factor SlNAC4 regulates salt and drought tolerance and stress-related genes in tomato (Solanum lycopersicum). Plant cell reports. 2014, 33: 1851-1863.
10. Mingku Zhu, Guoping Chen, Tingting Dong, Lingling Wang, Jianling Zhang, Zhiping Zhao, Zongli Hu. SlDEAD31, a Putative DEAD-Box RNA Helicase Gene, Regulates Salt and Drought Tolerance and Stress-Related Genes in Tomato. PloS one. 2015, 10: e0133849.
11. Mingku Zhu, Xiaoqing Meng, Guoping Chen, Tingting Dong, Xiaohui Yu, Jing Cai, Zongli Hu. Physiological, biochemical, and molecular differences in chloroplast synthesis between leaf and corolla of cabbage (Brassica rapa L. var. chinensis) and rapeseed (Brassica napus L.). Plant Growth regulation. 2016.12:1-11
12. Tingting Dong, Zongli Hu, Lei Deng, Yi Wang, Mingku Zhu, Jianling Zhang, Guoping Chen. A tomato MADS-box transcription factor, SlMADS1, acts as a negative regulator of fruit ripening. Plant physiology. 2013, 163(2): 1026-1036.
13. Yicheng Yu, Aimin Wang, Xiang Li, Meng Kou, Wenjun Wang, Xianyang Chen, Tao Xu, Mingku Zhu, Daifu Ma, Zongyun Li, Jian Sun. Melatonin-Stimulated Triacylglycerol Breakdown and Energy Turnover under Salinity Stress Contributes to the Maintenance of Plasma Membrane H+–ATPase Activity and K+/Na+ Homeostasis in Sweet Potato. Frontiers in Plant Science. 2018, 9: 256.
14. Jianling Zhang, Zongli Hu, Yunshu Wang, Xiaohui Yu, Changguang Liao, Mingku Zhu, Guoping Chen. Suppression of a tomato SEPALLATA MADS-box gene, SlCMB1, generates altered inflorescence architecture and enlarged sepals. Plant Science, 2018, 272: 75-87.
15. Guo Jun-E, Hu Zongli, Zhu Mingku, Li Fenfen, Zhu Zhiguo, Lu Yu, Chen Guoping. The tomato histone deacetylase SlHDA1 contributes to the repression of fruit ripening and carotenoid accumulation. Scientific reports. 2017, 7(1): 7930.
16. Wang Aimin, Zhu Mingku, Luo Yonghai, Liu, Y., Li Rensai, Kou Meng, Wang Xin, Zhang Yungang, Meng Xiaoqing, Zheng Yuanlina, Ma Daifu. A sweet potato cinnamate 4-hydroxylase gene, IbC4H, increases phenolics content and enhances drought tolerance in tobacco. Acta Physiologiae Plantarum, 2017, 39(12), 276.
17. Wang Lingling, Hu Zongli, Zhu Mingku, Zhu Zhiguo, Hu Jingtao, Qanmber Ghulam, Chen Guoping. The abiotic stress-responsive NAC transcription factor SlNAC11 is involved in drought and salt response in tomato. Plant Cell, Tissue and Organ Culture. 2017, 129(1): 161-174.
18. Zhang Yanjie, Hu Zongli, Zhu Mingku, Zhu Zhiguo, Wang Zhijin, Tian Shibing, Chen Guoping. Anthocyanin accumulation and molecular analysis of correlated genes in purple kohlrabi (Brassica oleracea var. gongylodes L.). Journal of agricultural and food chemistry. 2015, 63: 4160-4169.
19. Zhou Shuang, Hu Zongli, Zhu Mingku, Zhang Bin, Deng Lei, Pan Yu, Chen Guoping. Biochemical and molecular analysis of a temperature-sensitive albino mutant in kale named “White Dove”. Plant Growth Regulation. 2013, 71: 281-294.