Editor Name: Dr. Nebi Bilir
Educational Qualification: PhD
Department: Department of Forestry
University: Suleyman Demirel University
Research Interest: Silviculture, Forest Genetics
Biography: I was born in 1972 in Kahramanmara?. I graduated from Karadeniz Technical University, Faculty of Forestry, Department of Forestry Engineering in 1994 and completed Bölüm Master of Science ült and ült PhD Fak education at the same university. I started to work at Karadeniz Technical University in 1996 and since 1997 I have been working at Suleyman Demirel University.
1. Yahyaoglu, Z., A. Demirci, N. Bilir, M. Genc, Comparison of 22 Taurus Cedar (Cedrus libani A. Rich.) Origins by Seedling Morphological Distance, Turkish Journal of Biology, 25, 221-228, 2001.
2. Demirci, A., N. Bilir, Among Provenance Variation on Cedrus libani, Turkish Journal of Agriculture and Forestry, 25, 217-223, 2001.
3. Bilir, N., K.S. Kang, H. Özturk, Fertility Variation and Gene Diversity in Clonal Seed Orchards of Pinus brutia, Pinus nigra and Pinus sylvestris in Turkey, Silvae Genetica, 51, 112-115 (2002).
4. Bilir, N., K.S. Kang, D. Lindgren, Fertility Variation and Effective Number in the Seed Production Areas of Pinus radiata and Pinus pinaster, Silvae Genetica, 52, 75-77 (2003).
5. Bilir, N., K.S. Kang, D. Zang, D. Lindgren, Changes in Gene Diversity by Fertility Variation between a Base Population and a Seed Orchard of Pinus brutia Ten., Silvae Genetica, 53, 161-163 (2004).
6. Bilir, N., K.S. Kang, D. Lindgren, Fertility Variation in Six Populations of Brutian Pine (Pinus brutia Ten.) Over an Altitudinal Range, Euphytica, 141, 163-168 (2005).
7. Ayan, S., H. Sevik, N. Bilir, Grouping of Scots Pine (Pinus sylvestris L.) Seed Stand Populations in Western Blacksea Region of Turkey by Seedling Morphological Distance, Pakistan Journal of Biological Science, 4, 1548-1552 (2005).
8. Bilir, N., F. Prescher, S. Ayan, D. Lindgren, Growth Characters and Number of Strobili in Clonal Seed Orchards of Pinus sylvestris, Euphytica, 152, 293-301 (2006).
9. Ayan, S., A. Sivacioglu, N. Bilir, Growth Variation of Paulownia Sieb. and Zucc. Species and Origins at the Nursery Stage in Kastamonu-Turkey, Journal of Environmental Biology, 27, 499-504 (2006).
10. Cicek, E., N. Cicek, N. Bilir, Effects of Seedbed Density on One-Year-Old Fraxinus angustifolia Seedling Characteristics and Outplanting Performance, New Forests, 33, 81-91 (2007).
11. Bilir, N., Prescher, F., Lindgren, D., Kroon, J., Variation in cone and seed characters in clonal seed orchards of Pinus sylvestris. New Forests, 36:187-199, (2008).
12. Dutkuner, I., Bilir, N., Ulusan, M.D., Influence of growth on reproductive traits and its effect on fertility and gene diversity in a clonal seed orchard of Scots pine. J. of Environmental Biology, 29:349-352, (2008).
13. Bilir, N., Fertility Variation and Its Consequences on Gene Diversity in the Conservation of Turkish Dog Rose (Rosa canina L.). Fresenius Environmental Bulletin, 20:340-345, (2011).
14. Dutkuner, I., Bilir, N., Clonal Repeatability for Some Seedling Characters in Stone Pine (Pinus pinea L.). Fresenius Environmental Bulletin, 20: 484-488, (2011).
15. Bilir, N., Fertility Variation in Wild Rose (Rosa canina) over Habitat Classes. International Journal of Agriculture and Biology, 13:110-114, (2011).
16. Bilir, N., Avc?, A.B., Essential Oil in Taurus Cedar (Cedrus libani A. Rich) Seeds. Journal of Essential Oil of Bearing Plants, 16:538-544, (2013).
17. Avc?, A.B., Bilir, N., Variation in Essential Oil Content and Composition of Crimean Juniper(Juniperus excelsa) Berries during the Growth Periods. Journal of Essential Oil of Bearing Plants, 17:478-485, (2014).
18. Ozel, H.B., Bilir, N., 2015. Fertility variation and status number in a clonal seed orchard of Scotch Pine (Pinus sylvestris L.)FEB: 24(6):2035-2038.
19. Gulcu, S., Bilir, N., 2015. Provenance variations of Scots pine (Pinus sylvestris L.)in the southern part of Turkey.P.J.B, 47:1883-1893
20. Ozel, H.B., Bilir, N., 2016. Fertility variation in two populations of taurus cedar (Cedrus libani Rich.). PJB., 48: 1129-1132.
21. Gulcu, S., Akcakaya, M., Bilir, N. 2016. Genetic variation in Anatolian black pine (Pinus nigra Arn. subsp. pallasiana. (Lamb.) Holmboe.) populations. JEB, 37:261-265.
22. Bilir, N., Catal, Y., Tekocak, S., Cercioglu, M., 2017. Fertility variation in endemic populations of Ehrami black pine (Pinus nigra Arnold. subsp. pallasiana var. pyramidata). Journal of Forestry Reserch, 28(4):683–686.
23. Varol, T., Ozel, H.B., Bilir, N., 2017. Drought effects on reproductive and growth characteristics in seed orchards. PJB., 49(4): 1225-1229.
24. Yazici, N., Bilir, N., 2017. Aspectual Fertility Variation and Its Effect on Gene Diversity of Seeds in Natural Stands of Taurus Cedar (Cedrus libani A. Rich.). IJGenomics, 2960624:1-5.
25. Avci, A.B., Bilir, N., 2017. Effects of Growth and Geographic Characteristics on Essential Oil of Taurus Cedar (Cedrus libani A. Rich.). FEB, 26 (6) 3919-3923.
26. Gulcu, S., Bilir, N., 2017. Growth and survival variation among Scots pine (Pinus sylvestris L.) provenances. IJG. 1:1-5