Editor Name: Dr Nezar Ahmed Salim
Educational Qualification: MSN
Designation: Professor in Medical Oncology Unit Dubai Hospital
Department: Medical Oncology Unit
University: Dubai Hospital
Research Interest: Oncology Nurse
Biography: • Registered Nurse (RN) granted by Jordan Nurses & Midwives Council (JNMC) on June 20, 2012. • Practicing Certificate from the Ministry of Health (2012). • Registered Nurse (RN) granted by Dubai Health Authority license (DHA).Registration Number: DHA-P-0121535 • Health Authority Abu Dhabi (HAAD) license. AGN: upon request. • Awarded for “You’re our Pride”, as Best Researcher in Dubai, United Arab Emirates by the Government of Dubai, March 2018 given by Sheik Mohammed Bin Zaid with a cash prize of 10,000 AED. • Awarded as “Recognized Staff in You’re our Pride” by the Dubai Health Authority. • Plaque of Appreciation given by The Medical Education Department, Dubai Health Authority for the contribution during the “Nursing and Midwifery Conference”, September, 2017. • Plaque of Appreciation, Awarded as “Recognized Staff” by the Medical Education Department, Dubai Health Authority. • Certificate granted for “Essentials of Infusion Therapy for Safe Practice” organized by the Nursing-In Service Education Unit, Dubai Hospital, Dubai Health Authority on May 14-15, 2017. • Attended the “Advanced Nursing Assessment” organized by the Nursing-In Service Education Unit, Dubai Hospital, Dubai Health Authority on February 20, 2017. • Completed the “Building Workplace Efficiency Course” organized by the Nursing-In Service Education Unit on January 18, 2016. • Charge Nurse Course certified granted by the American Nurse Credentialing Center (ANCC) on October 27-28, 2014 at King Hussein Cancer Center Amman, Jordan • Completed the “Preceptorship Course” by the American Nurse Credentialing Center (ANCC) on April 28-29, 2014 • With certificate for “Oncology Emergencies Course” given by the American Nursing Credentialing Center (ANCC) on December 22-23, 2013. • Attended the “Symptom Management Course” by the American Nursing Credentialing Center (ANCC) on November 12, 2013. • Completed the “Palliative Course” by the American Nursing Credentialing Center (ANCC) on June 22-25, 2013. • Certificate granted for “Leukemia Course” by the American Nursing Credentialing Center (ANCC) on May 25, 2013. • BLS (Basic Life Support) Provider from AHA (American Heart Association) issued on October 15, 2016. • Completed the “ECG and Pharmacology Course” conducted by the American Heart Association (AHA) with certificate number of E15700029. • Completed the “Mechanical Ventilator Course” conducted by the Jordan Nurses & Midwives Council on February 24-25, 2012. • Attended the “Pressure Ulcer Management Update” conducted by In-Service Education, Dubai Hospital, Dubai Health Authority, 2015.
1. Al Faisal, W., Hussain, H., Salim, N. (2018). Incidence and Trend of Ten Cancers Registered at Dubai Hospital 2008-2016 Approach to Hospital Based Cancer Registry. Chronicle Journal of Cancer Science. CP Cancer Sci. 1: 014.
2. Al Mehairi, A., Salim, N., Tuffaha, M., (2018). Knowledge and Skills among Health Care Providers of Complementary and Alternative Medicine “Herbal Medicines” Within Oncology Health Care Setting. Clinical Medicine Journal. Vol. 4, No. 1, 2018, pp. 1-5.
3. Salim NA, Nematollahi R, Tuffaha M, Chehab FH, Nigim HA, et al. (2018) Legal and Ethical Issues among Oncology Nurses toward End of Life Care. Adv Practice Nurs 3: 149. doi:10.4172/2573-0347.1000149
4. Salim, N., Al Faisal, W., Hussain, H., (2018). Cancer Pain Management by Oncology Nurses at Tawam Oncology Facility, Al Ain- UAE, 2018. CP Cancer Sci. 1: 012
5. Tuffaha, M., Salim, N., Nigim, H., Khodary. M. (2018) Impact of Opioid-Induced Constipation on Opioid Therapy among Patients with Cancer: A Review. International Journal of Biomedical and Clinical Sciences. Vol. 3, No. 2, 2018, pp. 22-26
6. Salim, N., Al Faisal, W., Hussain, H., (2017).Knowledge and Attitudes of Oncology Nurses toward Cancer Pain Management in Oncology Unit, Dubai Hospital, Dubai Health Authority, CP Epidemiology. 1: 011
7. Salim, N. Nematollahi, R., Nigim, H., (2017) Do Not Resuscitate Expressly Allowed Natural Death: A Common Ethical Dilemma Among Terminally Ill Cancer. Nursing and Palliative Care. ISSN: 2397-9623
8. Salim N, Al-Atiyyat N, Tuffaha M, et al. Knowledge and Attitude of Oncology Nurses toward Cancer Pain Management: A Review. Arch Med. 2017, 9:2
9. Nezar ASS, Abdallah AK, Nusairat A (2016) Impact of Opioid on Pain Management in Last Days of Life among Hospice Patients: A review. Adv PracticeNurs 2:114. doi:10.4172/apn.1000114.
10. Nezar ASS, Abdallah AK, Nusairat A (2016) Methyl naltrexone or laxatives for the Management of Opioid-induced Constipation among Palliative Patients on Opioid Therapy: Evidence-based Review. Adv. Practice Nurs 2:121.
11. Nigim HA, Salim NA, (2017), Can Pressure Ulcer be Unpreventable among Terminally ill Cancer Patients? Archives of Clinical and Biomedical Research, Volume 1, Issue 3 2016.
12. Salim NA, Nigim HA (2017) Effect of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS) on Pain among Patients with Cancer. Adv Practice Nurs 2: 132.
13. Salim, N., Mrayyan, M., (2014) Chemotherapy Spills Management Policy, Middle East Journal; VOLUME 6 ISSUE 4.
14. Knowledge and Attitude of Oncology Nurses toward Pain Management among Patients with Cancer in United Arab Emirates Oncology Settings (Full Research Article is for publication, Accepted for Publication).
15. Effects of Pain Management Education Program on Nurses' Knowledge and Attitude towards Cancer Pain in Dubai Hospital, 2018 (Random assignment, experimental study, Undergoing).
16. Factors Affecting the Compliance to Cytotoxic Drugs (CDs) Safe Handling Guidelines in Oncology Setting: A Review