Editor Name: Dr. Ramendra Pati Pandey
Educational Qualification: PhD
Designation: Research Scientist
Department: Department of Medicine-InCor/HC-FMUSP,
University: University of Sao Paulo
Research Interest: Immunology and Molecular biology
Biography: FAPESP Post-Doctoral Fellow (from September 2015- till now) at the Department of Medicine-InCor/HC-FMUSP, University of Sao Paulo, School of Medicine, Brazil. Working on New therapies for Chagas disease: Using repurposing of drugs acting on the Cell invasion and Autophagy progression of host cells and Potentiation of drug effect using Biopolymeric nanoparticulate Drug Delivery Systems against Trypanosoma cruzi.
1. Quality control of vaccines-A journey from classical approach to 3Rs. Suresh Kumar, Mahendra Pal Singh, Vijay K. Bharti, Ramendra Pati Pandey Microbiol Curr. Res. 2018 2 (2), 14-30.
2. Proposed Deletion of Abnormal Toxicity Test And 3Rs Initiatives for Other Safety Test of Biologicals. Suresh Kumar, Vijay K. Bharti, Prdeep Kumar and Ramendra Pati Pandey. Source Journals, 1(1), 2018, 2-16.
3. Vimentin and Anti- Vimentin Antibodies in American Trypanosomiasis. Ramendra Pati Pandey et al. Arq Bras Cardiol. 2018 Mar, 12; 110(4):348-353.
4. Clinical Applications of Nanoparticles Drug Delivery Vehicles. Ramendra Pati Pandey, Indian Journal of Hospital Infection, 2018 (Accepted).
5. Protective Immune Response induced by Antigenic Proteins of Mycobacterium tuberculosis encapsulated in biopolymeric nanoparticles. Ramendra Pati Pandey, Santosh Kumar, Pawan Sharma, Anita Kamra Verma. European Journal of Immunology, 2018, (Submitted).
6. Nanoparticulate Drug Delivery Systems for Cancer Therapy. Ramendra Pati Pandey et al. Journal of Immunology and Regenerative Medicine, 2018, (Submitted).
7. Therapeutic Evaluation of Nanoparticulate Drug Delivery Systems for Cancer. Ramendra Pati Pandey et al. PLOS ONE,2018, (Submitted).
8. Disease tolerance and pathogen resistance genes may underlie Trypanosoma cruzi evasion, parasite persistence and differential progression to Chagas disease cardiomyopathy. Christophe Chevillard, João Paulo Silva Nunes, Amanda Farage Frade, Rafael Ribeiro Almeida, Ramendra Pati Pandey, Marilda Savóia Nascimento, Jorge Kalil, Edecio Cunha-Neto. Frontiers in Immunology,2018, (Submitted).
9. A role of Hypoxia-Inducible Factor- 1 alpha (HIF-1α) in Salmonella infection. Ramendra Pati Pandey et al. (Manuscript prepared for submission).
10. Integration of miRNA and gene expression profiles suggest a role for miRNAs in the pathobiological processes of acute Trypanosoma cruzi infection. Ferreira LRP, Ferreira FM, Laugier L, Cabantous S, Navarro IC, da Silva, Cândido D, Rigaud VC, Real JM, Pereira GV, Pereira IR, Ruivo L, Pandey RP, Savoia M, Kalil J, Lannes-Vieira J, Nakaya H, Chevillard C, Cunha-Neto E. Scientific Reports, 2017 Dec 21; 7(1):17990.
11. Transcription factor Foxo1 directs the differentiation of IL-9+ T helper cells. Ramendra Pati Pandey et al, Nature Commun. 2017 Oct 9; 8(1):815.
12. Evaluation of Nanoparticles Pyrogenicity. Ramendra Pati Pandey et al European Journal of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2017, 4 (3) 168-183.
13. Nanomedicine and Immune Response. Ramendra Pati Pandey, Suresh Kumar Indian Journal of Hospital Infection, 1(1), 2017.
14. Immune Response of Biopolymeric nanoparticulate systems. Ramendra Pati Pandey, Abhishek Chanchal, Richa Vohra, Md. Najmul Islam, Santosh Kumar, Lokesh Bhushan, Suresh Kumar, Pawan Sharma Journal of Pharma Research 2015, 4(8) 304-306.
15. Gelatin Biopolymer: A Journey from Micro to Nano, Abhishek Chanchal, Richa Vohra, Srikanth Elesela, Lokesh Bhushan, Santosh Kumar, Suresh Kumar, Saheem Ahmad, Ramendra Pati Pandey. Journal of Pharmacy Research 2014, 8(10), 1387-1397.
16. Glycoxidation of biological macromolecules: A critical approach to halt the menace of glycation. S. Ahmad, Khan MS, Akhter F, Pandey RP Glycobiology, 2014, 24(11):979-90.
17. Pharmacokinetics and Biodistribution of Paclitaxel–Gelatin Nanoparticles Anita K. Verma, A. Chanchal, R. P. Pandey, R. Vohra, N. Islam & A. K. Misra International Journal of Green Nanotechnology, 2012, 4, 500-510. 18. Biopolymeric vectors for enhancing Gene delivery-A Comparative evaluation. Anita K. Verma, N. Islam, A. Chanchal, Pandey, R. P. IEEE, 2011, 1-7.
19. Assessment of the multifaceted immunomodulatory potential of the aqueous extract of Tinospora cordifolia. Upadhya R., Pandey R.P., Sharma V., & Verma Anita K Research Journal of Chemical Sciences, 2011, 1(6), 1-7.
20. Hyperthermophilic asparaginase mutants with enhanced substrate affinity and antineoplastic activity: Structural insights on their mechanism of action S. Bansal, Srivastava A, R. P.Pandey, Anita Verma, P. Mishra and B. Kundu FASEB Journal, 2012, 26(3):1161-71.
21. Immuno-potentiating role of encapsulated proteins of infectious diseases in biopolymeric nanoparticles as a potential delivery system. Verma AK, Pandey RP, Chanchal A, Sharma P. J Biomed Nanotechnol. 2011 Feb;7(1):63-4.
22. Encapsulation of Antigenic Secretory proteins of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in Biopolymeric Nanoparticles for possible aerosol delivery system. A. K. Verma,R. P. Pandey, A.Chanchal , I. Siddiqui , P. Sharma J. Bionanosciences, 2011,5, 88-95.
23. Structural and functional studies on Ribonuclease S, retro S and retroinverso S peptides. Ipsita Pal-Bhowmick, R.P. Pandey, Gotam K. Jarori, Santosh Kar, Dinkar Sahal. BBRC, 2007 Dec 21; 364(3):608-13. Epub 2007 Oct 18.
Abstracts and Presentations:
1. Protective Efficacy induced by Antigenic Proteins of Mycobacterium tuberculosis encapsulated in biopolymeric nanoparticles in Balb/c mice infected with M. tb. R.P. Pandey, Santosh Kumar, Anita K. Verma, Pawan Sharma. Immunology, 137, 2012.
2. Therapeutic evaluation of drug combination against Trypanosoma cruzi. Ramendra Pati Pandey, Andréia Kuramoto, Jorge Kalil, Edecio Cunha-Neto European Journal of Immunology, 2016.
3. New therapies for Chagas disease: repurposing of drugs acting on the invasion of host cells by T. cruzi, and potentiation of Benznidazole effect. Ramendra Pati Pandey, Marilda Savoia, Jorge Kalil, and Edecio Cunha-Neto Presentation in the Federation of Clinical Immunology Societies, Santiago, 2017.