Editor Name: Dr. Shazim Ali Memon
Educational Qualification: Ph.D, M.E.
Department: Department of Civil Engineering
Research Interest: Dr. Shazim Ali Memond’s research interest includes development and application of sustainable cement-based composites, Development of self-sensing and self-healing cement-based composites, Utilization of nanomaterials in cement-based composites, Sensing and monitoring techniques for structural health monitoring, Post-elevated temperature performance of cement-based composites, Energy efficient buildings, Net zero energy buildings etc.
Biography: Shazim Ali Memon holds a PhD in Civil and Architectural Engineering from City University of Hong Kong. He has spent more than 16 years working with the Nazarbayev University, Kazakhstan, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, Shenzhen University, China, COMSATS Institute of Information Technology, Pakistan, National University of Sciences and Technology, Pakistan, the Asian Center for Engineering Computations and Software, Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand and Mehran University of Engineering and Technology, Pakistan. He was nominated as Technical expert (Civil Engineering) in Prime Minister of Pakistan Inspection Committee. His name appears in Who’s Who in the World published by Marquis Who’s Who and Global Young Scientists Directory published by National Research Foundation of Singapore, Directory of Productive Scientists of Pakistan published by Pakistan Council for Science and Technology. Prof. Memon has recently received Research Productivity Award (2016-17) announced by Pakistan Council for Science and Technology and is the only Civil engineer of Pakistan whose name appears in this list. He is the recipient of Gold Medal from Mehran University of Engineering and Technology, Pakistan and has received several awards including Outstanding Academic Performance award, The college of Science and Engineering student Research Excellence award, Chow Yei Ching School of Graduate studies scholarship etc. As far as his research is concerned, he has an impressive SCI Journal Publication record of 58 Journal articles having a cumulative impact factor of over 165. Currently, he is serving as an Academic Editor of Advances in Materials Sciences and Engineering having an impact factor of 1.299. Dr. Memon is known worldwide for his pioneering work on the environmental friendly utilization of agricultural and industrial waste ashes in self compacting sustainable concrete. His work on the development of structural-functional integrated concrete for thermal energy storage is a novel and innovative research work with high scientific esteem and valuable contribution to environment. Currently, he is an active peer reviewer of Cement and Concrete Composites, Construction and Building Materials, Materials and Design, Materials, ACI Materials Journal, ACI Structural Journal, ASCE Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, KSCE Journal of Civil Engineering, Applied Energy, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Energy and Buildings, Journal of Energy Research, Journal of Adhesion Science and Technology etc.
1. W.L. Baloch, R.A. Khushnood, S.A. Memon, W. Ahmed, Effect of elevated temperatures on mechanical performance of normal and lightweight concretes reinforced with carbon nanotubes, Fire Safety (In press) (Quartile Q3)
2. S.A. Memon, M.K. Khan, Ash blended composites: Eco-friendly and sustainable option for utilization of corncob ash, Journal of Cleaner Production, 175 (2018), 442-455 (Quartile Q1 and within top 8% in the subject category).
3. S.A. Memon, I. Wahid, M.K. Khan, M.A. Tanoli, M. Bimaganbetova, Environmental friendly utilization of wheat straw ash in cement-based composites, Sustainability, 10(5), (2018), 1322 (Quartile Q3).
4.W. Ahmed, R.A. Khushnood, S.A. Memon, S. Ahmad, W.L. Baloch, M. Usman, Effective use of sawdust for the production of eco-friendly and thermal-energy efficient normal weight and lightweight concretes with tailored fracture properties, Journal of Cleaner Production, 184 (2018), 1016-1027 (Quartile Q1 and within top 8% in the subject category)
5.S. Zhang, X. Xu, S. A. Memon, Z. Dong, D. Li, H. Cui, Effect of calcium sulfate type and dosage on properties of calcium aluminate cement-based self-leveling mortar, Construction and Building Materials, 167 (2018), 253-262 (Quartile Q1 and within top 9% in the subject category).
6. H. Sun, K. Chu, S. A. Memon, Z. Cen, X. Zhang, D. Li, F. Xing, Impact of experimental parameters on degradation mechanism and service life prediction of CFRP anode during simulated ICCP process, Journal of New Materials for Electrochemical Systems, 21(2), (2108), 103-111
7. D. Lia, B. Chen, H. Sun, S. A. Memon, X. Deng, Y. Wang, F. Xing, Evaluating the effect of external and internal factors on carbonation of existing concrete building structures, Construction and Building Materials, 167 (2018), 73-81 (Quartile Q1 and within top 9% in the subject category).
8. S.K. Rehman, Z. I brahim, S. A. Memon, M.T.H. Aunkor, M.F. Javed, K. Mehmood, M.A. Shah, Influence of graphene nanosheets on rheology, microstructure, strength development and self-sensing properties of cement based composites, Sustainability, 10(3) (2018), 822(Quartile Q3).
9. X. Xu, H. Cui, S.A. Memon, H. Yang, W. Tang, Development of novel composite PCM for thermal energy storage using CaCl2·6H2O with graphene oxide and SrCl2·6H2O, Energy and buildings, 156 (2017), 163-172 (Quartile Q1 and within top 3% in the subject category).
10. M.F. Javed, N. Hafizah, S.A. Memon, S.A. Kashif Ur Rehman, FE modelling of the flexural behavior of square and rectangular steel tubes filled with normal and high strength concrete, Thin walled structures, 119 (2017), 470-481 (Quartile Q1).
11. S.A. Kashif Ur Rehman, Z. Ibrahim, S.A. Memon, M.F. Javed, R.A. khushnood, A sustainable graphene based cement composite, Sustainability, 9 (7), 1-20 (Quartile Q3).
12. X. Xu, Z. Dong, S.A. Memon, X. Bao, H. Cui, Preparation and supercooling modification of salt hydrate phase change materials based on CaCl2·2H2O/CaCl2, Materials, 10 (7) (2017), 691-701 (Quartile Q1).
13. X. Bao, S.A. Memon, H. Yang, Z. Dong, H. Cui, Thermal Properties of Cement-Based Composites for Geothermal Energy Applications, Materials, 10 (5) (2017), 462-474 (Quartile Q1).
14. H. Yang, S.A. Memon, X. Bao, H. Cui, D. Li, Design and Preparation of Carbon Based Composite Phase Change Material for Energy Piles, Materials, 10 (4) (2017), 391-405 (Quartile Q1).
15. X. Zhang, M. Li, L. Tang, S.A. Memon, G. Ma, F. Xing, H. Sun, Corrosion induced stress field and cracking time of reinforced concrete with initial defects: Analytical modeling and experimental investigation, Corrosion Science, 120 (2017), 158-170 (Quartile Q1, Ranked No. 1 in the subject category).
16. H. Sun, B. Fan, S.A. Memon, Z. Cen, X. Gao, B. Lin, B. Liu, D. Li, F. Xing, X. Zhang, 3D particle size distribution of inter-ground Portland limestone/slag cement from 2D observations: Characterization and distribution evaluation, Construction and Building Materials, 147 (2017), 550-557 (Quartile Q1 and within top 12% in the subject category).
17. M.F. Javed, N. Hafizah, S.A. Memon, M Jameel, M Aslam, Recent research on cold-formed steel beams and columns subjected to elevated temperature: A review, Construction and Building Materials, 144 (2017), 686-701 (Quartile Q1 and within top 12% in the subject category)
18. H. Sun, D. Zhao, Y. Gu, S.A. Memon, Z. Ren, B. Liu, X. Zhang, F. Xing, D. Li, Three-dimensional characterization of steel corrosion embedded in cement paste, Construction and Building Materials, 143 (2017), 24-32 (Category Q1 and within top 12% in the subject category)
19. H. Sun, Z. Ren, S.A. Memon, D. Zhao, X. Zhang, D. Li, F. Xing, Investigating drying behavior of cement mortar through electrochemical impedance spectroscopy analysis, Construction and Building Materials, 135 (2017), 361-368 (Quartile Q1 and within top 12% in the subject category)
20. S M A Shah, K Shahzada, B Gencturk, S A Memon, Retrofitting of Full-Scale Confined Masonry Building Using Ferro-Cement Overlay, Journal of Performance of Constructed Facilities-ASCE, 31(5) (2017), 04017079-1-10 (Quartile Q3)