Editor Name: Dr. Soumen Acharya
Educational Qualification: Ph.D.
Designation: Consultant, National Institute of Public Cooperation and Child Development, India
National Institute of Public Cooperation and Child Development
Research Interest: Psychology, Anxiety Patterns, LVAD implantation
Biography: Dr. Soumen Acharya is a Consultant, National Institute of Public Cooperation and Child Development, India. He received his Ph.D. at Jamia Millia Islamia, India, 1995. He worked as manager administration, Dharamshila hospital, India.
Paper Presented at Indian and International Conferences
1. 42nd Annual Conference of Indian Association of Cardio-Vascular & thoracic surgeons New Delhi 1996. Anxiety Patterns of patients undergoing open-heart surgery.
2. Attended National Symposium on Hospital Equipment Appliances and Technology (Heat 97) at AIIMS.
3. Presented a paper Indian Science Congress 85th Annual session at Osmania University Hyderabad - 1998. Behaviour and Anxiety Pattern of Patients undergoing Open Heart Surgery.
4. Singapore National Heart Association. 3rd International Heart Health Conference 1998. SINGAPORE Relatives effect on Behaviour and Anxiety pattern on Patients undergoing open heart surgery.
5. Presented a paper at the INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES SYSTEM EMS'98. The role of Medical Social Service Officer at Emergency Services at AIIMS.
6. Presented a paper at the 25TH ANNIVERSARY OF EGYPTIAN SOCIETY OF CARDIOLOGY CAIRO 1998. Comparative study Between Personality and Anxiety patterns of Male and Female Patients undergone Open Heart Surgery ( Heart Plantation & VAD Plantation in India.
7. 28 National Annual Conference of Indian Association of clinical Psychologists at New Delhi-2001. Early Vs Late Extubation after CABG VS Heart transplant & LVAD implantation its effect on Cognitive function".
8. Presented a paper at Indian Science Congress 85th Annual session at (Pusa) New Delhi - 2001 " Cardiac Transplantation - Present status in India.
9. Presented a paper at 12th Annual Conference of Physiological Society of India at Regional Occupational Health Centre (ICMR) Salt Lake Calcutta - 2000.
10. Presented a paper at 88 session of Indian Science Congress 2001 Pusa New Delhi. Cardiac Transplantation - present status in India.
11. Presented a paper at National Conference on research in clinical psychology at AIIMS 2001. A study of duration of ventilation Cognitive function in patients undergoing by pass surgery".
12. Attended and presented a paper at the conference of (ISRA) International Society for Research in Aggression - MONTREAL CANADA 2002. The role of Nitric oxide in the reduction of pulmonary hypertension in the children’s undergoing corrective surgery and its effect in later life on the cognitive & aggressive behaviour in life".
13. Attended the (ISSBD) Annual Conference at OTAWA-CANADA for International Society for the Behavioral development 2002. The behaviour changes in the patients undergone CABG Vs Heart Transplantation and LVAD implantation in India ".
14. Attended the Annual Conference of Australian Social Worker at CANBERA AUSTRALIA - 2003 the role of Medical Social Worker in Cardio Thoracic and Vascular Surgery in India.
Paper Index in Indian Journal of Psychiatry (ISSN 0019 -5545)
1. Vol 40 Supplement April 1998 Page 13 Comparative study of Anxiety Patterns of Male & Female Patients undergoing Open Heart Cardiac Surgery in Age group of 16-65 years.Soumen Acharya, Balram Airan. P.Venugopal.
2. Vol 41 supplement April 1999 Page 23 - The comparative study of Behaviour Personality & Anxiety Patterns in male and female patients in Age Group 16-65 undergoing Rheumatic Heart Surgery, Congenital Heart Surgery & Ischemic Heart Surgery Soumen Acharya.
3. Volume 42 Supplement April - 2000 Page 54 " The comparative study of Behaviour Personality and anxiety patterns in male & female patients Before and after heart transplantation & LVAD Operation, Soumen Acharya, Balram Airan & P. Venugopal.
4. Volume 43, Supplement April 2001 A study of Behavioural disturbances in children after high-risk congenital Defect Open Heart Surgery. Soumen Acharya, R.Sharma, B.Airan, P.Venugopal.
5. Volume 44 Supplement April 2002 - Early Vs Late Extubation after CABG Heart Transplantation and Bridge to Transplant. Implication and its effect on congnitic function - Soumen Acharya.
6. Vol 45 Suppliment 2003 - The comparative study in the performance of Indian and Migrated Bangladesh Children undergone open heart surgery. Soumen Archarya.
7. Vol 49 supplement 2007 Page 852. The cognitive and emotional effect on heart transplant patients - Soumen Acharya.
8. Vol 49 Supplement 2007 Page 858 - To compare Coping burden of patients with mental diseases in care given in India and New Zealand - Soumen Acharya.
Articles in News Paper
1. Maya-issue 31 March - 1998 on Health Topic "
2- Statesman - Jan 27, 1998 - Isolation of Patients hamper healing.
1. Life member of Indian Science Congress.
2. Associate Life member of Indian Psychiatric Society
3. Life member of Association of clinical Psychologists, Delhi
4. Life member of National Association of Professional Social Work in India
5. Associate life member of Indian social psychiatry of India.
1- Journal of Personality and Clinical Studies.
1. Association of clinical Psychologist Delhi.