Editor Name: Dr. Tiefeng Peng
Educational Qualification: PhD
Designation: Professor, Southwest University of Science and Technology, China
Department: Surface Chemistry
University: The University of Queensland
Research Interest: Physical Chemistry; Surface Chemistry & Colloids; Mineral Processing; Molecular Simulation; Chemical Engineering.
Biography: Dr. Tiefeng Peng currently working as Professor in Key Laboratory of Ministry of Education for Solid Waste Treatment and Resource Recycle, Southwest University of Science and Technology, China. He obtained his PhD in Surface Chemistry School of Chemical Engineering, the University of Queensland (Australia). He has over 27 publications in peer reviewed journals and one book to his credit.
1. Peng, T., M. Firouzi, Q. Li, and K. Peng, Surface force at the nano-scale: observation of non-monotonic surface tension and disjoining pressure. Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 2015. 17(32): p. 20502. Featured article, Cover article.
2. Peng, T., K. Peng, and Q. Li, Methodology for Disjoining Pressure of Free Water Nanofilms. Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 2015. 119(25): p. 150612105636005.
3. Peng, T., Q. Li, and C. Liu, Accelerated aqueous nano-film rupture and evaporation induced by electric field: A molecular dynamics approach. International Journal of Heat & Mass Transfer, 2016. 94: p. 39-48.
4. Peng, T., X. Gao, Q. Li, S. Yang, and Q. Tang, Modelling of disjoining pressure for Lennard-Jones free thin films. Modern Physics Letters B, 2016. 30(10): p. 1650169.
5. Peng, T., Q. Li, J. Chen, and X. Gao, Quantitative analysis of surface tension of liquid nano-film with thickness: Two stage stability mechanism, molecular dynamics and thermodynamics approach. Physica A Statistical Mechanics & Its Applications, 2016. 462: p. 1018-1028.
6. Peng, T., A.V. Nguyen, H. Peng, and L.X. Dang, Quantitative analysis of aqueous nanofilm rupture by molecular dynamic simulation. Journal of Physical Chemistry B, 2012. 116(3): p. 1035-1042.
7. Peng, T., T.M. Chang, X. Sun, A.V. Nguyen, and L.X. Dang, Development of ions-TIP4P-Ew force fields for molecular processes in bulk and at the aqueous interface using molecular simulations. Journal of Molecular Liquids, 2012. 173(9): p. 47-54.
8. Peng, T. and T.M. Chang, Molecular processes of ion effects on aqueous nanofilm rupture. Journal of Molecular Liquids, 2014. 193(3): p. 139-151.
9. Peng, T., L. Xu, and H. Chen, Preparation and characterization of high specific surface area Mn3O4 from electrolytic manganese residue. Central European Journal of Chemistry, 2010. 8(5): p. 1059-1068.
10. PENG, Tiefeng, Longjun, WANG, and Xingmin, Leaching of manganese residue for the preparation of trimanganese tetroxide with a high surface area. Acta Geochimica, 2013. 32(3): p. 331-336.
11. Peng, T., S. Yang, F. Xiang, Y. Liang, Q. Li, X. Gao, and S. Liu, Film tension of liquid nano-film from molecular modeling. International Journal of Modern Physics B, 2017: p. 1750016.
12. Longjun, X., P. Tiefeng, and Z. Dingyue, Fractal desulfurization kinetics of high-sulfur coal. International Journal of Mining Science and Technology, 2012. 22(1): p. 111-114.
13. Liu, S., W. Qin, T. Peng*, and Y. Hu, Flotation mechanism of octylic hydroxamic acid on diaspore. Chinese Journal of Geochemistry, 2013. 32(2): p. 191-194.
14. Li, Q., T. Fu, T. Peng*, X. Peng, C. Liu, and X. Shi, Coalescence of Cu contacted nanoparticles with different heating rates: A molecular dynamics study. International Journal of Modern Physics B, 2016. 30(30): p. 1650212.
15. Yang, S., X. Qiu, T. Peng*, Z. Chang, Q. Feng, and C. Zhong, Beneficial effects and mechanism of lead ion on wolframite flotation. Physicochemical Problems of Mineral Processing, 52(2), 2016, 855−873.
16. Li, Q.*, X. Peng, T. Peng*, Q. Tang, C. Liu, and X. Shi, Molecular Dynamics Simulations of Coating Process: Influences of Thermostat Methods. Journal of Computational & Theoretical Nanoscience, 2016. 13(7): p. 4629-4633.
17. Li, Q., Q. Tang, T. Peng*, X. Zhang, C. Liu, and X. Shi, Molecular characteristics of H2O in hydrate/ice/liquid water mixture. International Journal of Modern Physics B, 2015. 29(27): p. 1550185.
18. Yang, S., T. Peng*, H. Li, Q. Feng, and X. Qiu, Flotation Mechanism of Wolframite with Varied Components Fe/Mn. Mineral Processing & Extractive Metallurgy Review, 2015. 37(1): p. 34-41.
19. Li, Q., X. Peng, T. Peng*, Q. Tang, X. Zhang, and C. Huang, Molecular dynamics simulation of Cu/Au thin films under temperature gradient. Applied Surface Science, 2015. 357: p. 1823-1829.
20. Li, Q., C. Huang, Y. Liang, T. Fu, and T. Peng*, Molecular Dynamics Simulation of Nanoindentation of Cu/Au Thin Films at Different Temperatures. Journal of Nanomaterials, 2016.
21. Li, Q., M. Wang, Y. Liang, L. Lin, T. Fu, P. Wei, and T. Peng*, Molecular dynamics simulations of aggregation of copper nanoparticles with different heating rates. Physica E: Low-dimensional Systems and Nanostructures, 2017. 90: p. 137-142.
22. Longhua Xu, Tiefeng Peng*, et al. Applied surface surface. 10.1016/j.apsusc.2017.07.295. In press.
23. Peng, T., X. Gao, Q. Li, L. Xu, L. Luo, and L. Xu*. Phase transformation during roasting process and magnetic beneficiation of oolitic-iron ores. Vacuum. 2017. 146: p. 63-73.
24. Peng, T., H. Sun*, T. Peng, B. Liu, and X. Zhao. Structural Regulation and Electroconductivity Change of Nitrogen-Doping Reduced Graphene Oxide Prepared Using p-Phenylene Diamine as Modifier. Nanomaterials. 2017. 7(10): p. 292.
25. Peng, T., Qibin Li*, Longhua Xu, Chao He, Liqun Luo. Surface Interaction of Nanoscale Water Film with SDS from Computational Simulation and Film Thermodynamics. Entropy. In press.
26. Peng, T., Longhua Xu, Liqun Luo. Open Chemistry. Accept.
27. Xuechao Gao, Guozhao Ji, Tiefeng Peng*. Physica E. In press.