Editor Name: Qilin Huang
Educational Qualification: Ph D
Designation: Research Associate
Department: Food Science and Technology
Huazhong Agricultural University
Research Interest: Macromolecules (polysaccharides and fish protein) structure and function
Biography: She is working as a Research Associate at The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Applied Biology & Chemical Technology. She completed her Ph.D in Polymer Chemistry and Physics, Wuhan University in 2006. She completed her M.Sc. in Polymer Chemistry and Physics from Wuhan University in 2003. She completed her B.Sc, Chemical Engineering from Huazhong University of Science and Technology in 1997.
1. Wenfei Cai, Ting Hu, Amr M. Bakry, Zhaomin Zheng, Yidong Xiao, Qilin Huang*. Effect of ultrasound on size, morphology, stability and antioxidant activity of selenium nanoparticles dispersed by a hyperbranched polysaccharide from Lignosus rhinocerotis. Ultrasonics Sonochemistry, 2018, 42, 823-831. (SCI)
2. Yidong Xiao, Qilin Huang*, Zhaomin Zheng, Han Guan, Shiyu Liu. Construction of a Cordyceps sinensis exopolysaccharide-conjugated selenium nanoparticles and enhancement of their antioxidant activities. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, 2017, 99, 483-491. (SCI)
3. Ting Hu, Qilin Huang*, Kahing Wong, Hong Yang, Jingsi Gan, Yanru Li. A hyperbranched β-D-glucan with compact coil conformation from Lignosus rhinocerotis sclerotia. Food Chemistry, 2017, 225, 267-275. (SCI)
4. Ting Hu, Qilin Huang*, Kahing Wong, Hong Yang*. Structure, molecular conformation, and immunomodulatory activity of four polysaccharide fractions from Lignosus rhinocerotis sclerotia. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, 2017, 94, 423-430. (SCI)
5. Mingcong Fan, Ting Hu, Siming Zhao, Shanbai Xiong, Jing Xie, Qilin Huang*. Gel characteristics and microstructure of fish myofibrillar protein/cassava starch composites. Food Chemistry, 2017, 218, 221-230. (SCI)
6. Jingjing Huang1, Shuwei Zeng1, Shanbai Xiong, Qilin Huang*. Steady, dynamic, and creep-recovery rheological properties of myofibrillar protein from grass carp muscle. Food Hydrocolloids, 2016, 61, 48-56. (SCI)
7. Ting Hu, Chenbo Jiang, Qilin Huang*, Fengyuan Sun. A comb-like branched β-D-glucan produced by a Cordyceps sinensis fungus and its protective effect against cyclophosphamide-induced immunosuppression in mice. Carbohydrate Polymers, 2016, 142, 259-267. (SCI)
8. Dan Jia, Qilin Huang*, Shanbai Xiong**. Chemical interactions and gel properties of black carp actomyosin affected by MTGase and their relationships. Food Chemistry, 2016, 196, 1180-1187. (SCI)
9. Zhaomin Zheng, Qilin Huang*, Han Guan, Shiyu Liu. In situ synthesis of silver nanoparticles dispersed or wrapped by a Cordyceps sinensis exopolysaccharide in water and their catalytic activity. RSC Advances, 2015, 5, 69790-69799. (SCI)
10. Qing Xiong, Ting Hu, Siming Zhao, Qilin Huang*. Texture and flavor characteristics of rice cake fermented by Brettanomyces custersii ZSM-001. Journal of Food Science and Technology, 2015, 52(11), 7113-7122. (SCI)
11. Angelina S. Palma*, Yan Liu, Hongtao Zhang, Yibing Zhang, Barry V. McCleary, Guangli Yu, Qilin Huang, et al. Unravelling glucan recognition systems by glycome microarrays using the designer approach and mass spectrometry. Molecular & Cellular Proteomics, 2015, 14 (4 ): 974-988. (SCI)
12. Fengyuan Sun, Qilin Huang*, Jianyong Wu. Rheological behaviors of an exopolysaccharide from fermentation medium of a Cordyceps sinensis fungus (Cs-HK1). Carbohydrate Polymers, 2014, 114, 506-513. (SCI)
13. Shu-Wei Zeng, Qi-Lin Huang*, Si-Ming Zhao. Effects of microwave irradiation dose and time on Yeast ZSM-001 growth and cell membrane permeability. Food Control, 2014, 46, 360-367. (SCI)
14. Ting Hu, Siming Zhao, Qilin Huang*. Comparative study on molecular size, multi-branched structure and chain conformation of amylopectins from three rice cultivars. Starch/Stärke, 2014, 66, 841-848. (SCI)
15. Fengyuan Sun, Qilin Huang*, Ting Hu, Shanbai Xiong, Siming Zhao. Effects and mechanism of modified starches on the gel properties of myofibrillar protein from grass carp. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, 2014, 64, 17-24. (SCI)
16. Qi-Lin Huang, Ka-Chai Siu, Wen-Qiang Wang, Yi-Ching Cheung & Jian-Yong Wu*. Fractionation, characterization and antioxidant activity of exopolysaccharides from fermentation medium of a Cordyceps sinensis fungus. Process Biochemistry, 2013, 48, 380-386. (SCI)
17. Junzhou Ding, Yufang Wang, Shanbai Xiong, Siming Zhao & Qilin Huang*. Optimised methodology for carboxymethylation of (1→3)-β-D-glucan from Yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae) and promotion of mechanical activation. International Journal of Food Science & Technology, 2013, 48(2), 253-259. (SCI)
18. Liangzi Zhang, Siming Zhao, Shanbai Xiong, Qilin Huang*, Shuo Shen. Chemical structure and antioxidant activity of the biomacromolecules from paddlefish cartilage. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, 2013, 54, 65-70. (SCI)
19. Shuwei Zeng, Jingjing Huang, Siming Zhao, Li Che, Qilin Huang. Effects of pulsed microwaves on Aspergillus parasiticus in rice. Modern Food Science and Technology, 2015, 31(7), 86-91. (EI)
20. Ting Hu, Yufang Wang, Ya Wen, Qilin Huang*, Siming Zhao. Effect of fortified yeast fermentation and traditional fermentation on flavor of fermented rice cake. Journal of the Chinese Cereals and Oils Association, 2013, 28(9), 1-5. (EI)
21. Xiaocui Liu, Yufang Wang, Qilin Huang, Ke Cheng, Siming Zhao*. Textural characteristics of rice starch gel. Cereal & Feed Industry, 2012, 1, 32-34.
22. Qilin Huang, Lina Zhang*. Preparation, chain conformation and antitumor activities of water-soluble phosphated (1?3)-?-D-glucan from Poria cocos mycelia. Carbohydrate Polymers, 2011, 83(3), 1363-1369. (SCI)
23. Junzhou Ding, Shuo Shen, Shanbai Xiong, Siming Zhao, Qilin Huang*. Extraction technology optimization of microwave-assisted alkali for protein-polysaccharide complex from Polyodon spathula cartilage. Journal of Fisheries of China, 2011, 35(1), 139-144.
24. Yuelei Lei, Qilin Huang, Shuo Shen, Shanbai Xiong, Siming Zhao*. Effect of starvation on main nutrients of Paddlefish (Polyodon spathula) in different parts. Food industry of science and technology, 2011, 32(11), 103-105.
25. Yue Wu, Shuo Shen, Shanbai Xiong, Siming Zhao, Qilin Huang*. Optimal Enzymatic Degradation of Cartilage Protein from Polyodon spathula. Food Science, 2010, 31(22), 160-163.
26. Qilin Huang*, Ruowen Chen, Yuqin Ding, Shanbai Xiong. Preparation and Properties of Polysaccharide from Acipenser schrenckii Skull. Food Science, 2009, 30(12), 123-127.
27. Qilin Huang*, Xiaobo Zhang, Siming Zhao. Effect of the Drying Approach on the Quality of Yam Slice. Food Science and Technology, 2009, 34(5), 81-85.
28. Qilin Huang, Yong Jin, Lina Zhang*, Peter C. K. Cheung, John F. Kennedy. Structure, molecular size and antitumor activities of polysaccharides from Poria cocos mycelia produced in fermenter. Carbohydrate Polymers, 2007, 70(3), 324-333. (SCI)
29. Qilin Huang, Lina Zhang*, Peter C. K. Cheung, Xinti Tan. Evaluation of sulfated ?-glucans from Poria cocos mycelia as potential antitumor agent. Carbohydrate Polymers, 2006, 64(2), 337-344. (SCI)
30. Qilin Huang, Lina Zhang*. Solution properties of (1?3)-?-D-glucan and its sulfated derivative from Poria cocos mycelia via fermentation tank. Biopolymers, 2005, 79(1), 28-38. (SCI)
31. Guang Yang, Qilin Huang, Lina Zhang*, Jinping Zhou, Shanjun Gao. Miscibility and properties of blend materials from waterborne polyurethane and carboxymethyl konjac glucomannan. Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 2004, 92, 77-83. (SCI?EI)
32. Dong Ruan, Qilin Huang, Lina Zhang*. Structure and properties of CdS/regenerated cellulose nanocomposites. Macromolecular Materials and Engineering, 2005, 290(10), 1017-1024. (SCI?EI)
33. Shanjun Gao, Lina Zhang*, Qilin Huang. Effect of the synthesis route on the structure and properties of polyurethane/nitrokonjac glucomannan semi-interpenetrating polymer networks. Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 2003, 90, 1948-1954. (SCI?EI)