Name: Dr. Manar EA Raouf
Educational Qualification: Ph.D, M.Sc
Department: Petroleum Application Department, Egyptian Petroleum Research Institute,
Egyptian Petroleum Research Institute
Research Interests: Her research interest includes Synthesis and characterization of polymeric surfactants, preparation of some compounds based on Propylene oxide- Ethylene oxide block copolymers added to the crude oil as demulsifiers for water-in-oil emulsions, synthesis and characterization of oil spill dispersants, interpretation of Spectroscopic data for organic compounds, surface and interfacial tension and particle size measurements, recycling of PET waste in different ways, recycling of different waste materials, recycling of agricultural wastes, applications of polymer based on natural feedstocks for removal of heavy metals from industrial water, preparation of different hydrogel materials for sustained irrigation.
Biography: Dr. Manar El-Sayed Abdel-Raouf is currently working as a Professor of petroleum chemistry at Petroleum Application Department, Egyptian Petroleum Research Institute. She was awarded PH.D. in chemistry, Faculty of Science, Ain Shams University in 2000 and so far she has published many more papers in National and International reputed journal.
1- Propylene oxide - Ethylene oxide block copolymers as demulsifiers for water-in-oil emulsions. I- Effect of molecular weight and Hydrophilic-lipophilic balance (HLB) on the demulsification efficiency, Monatshefte Fur Chemie (Chemical Monthly) of Austria, 127, 621(1996).
2- Propylene oxide - Ethylene oxide block copolymers as demulsifiers for water-in-oil emulsions. II- Effect of temperature, Salinity and pH- value on the demulsification efficiency. Monatshefte Fur Chemie (Chemical Monthly)of Austria, 127,1239(1996).
3- PolyOxyEthylenated Bisphenol –A for Breaking Water-in-Oil Emulsions, .Polymer Advanced Technology, 7,805(1996).
4- Modified Unsaturated Polyester Resins Synthesized From Polyethylene Terephthalate Waste I: Synthesis and Curing Characteristics. Macromol. Material Eng., 283, 1-6, 2000.
5- "Synthesis of some diol esters and their investigation as hydraulic brake fluid bases" Al-Azhar Bull. Sci., vol 15, No.1, June, 2004.
6- "Surface Activity and Light Scattering Investigation for Some Novel Aromatic Amine Surfactants", Colloid and Surface A,PhysicoChem. Eng.Aspects,251 (2004) 167-174.
7- "Water Based Surfactants from Recycled Poly(ethylene terephthalate) Waste: their use as beach cleaners and in Petroleum Sludge Recovery", Progress in Rubber, Plastics and Recycling Technology, Vol.20, No.4, 2004.
8- "Compressive Properties and Curing Behavior Of Unsaturated Polyester Resins In The Presence Of Vinyl Ester Resins Derived From Recycled Poly(Ethylene Terephthalate)", Journal Of Polymer Research, 12,373-383, 2005.
9- "Surfactants from Recycled Poly (ethylene terephthalate) Waste as Water Based on Oil Spill Dispersants", Journal Of Polymer Research, Vol.13:39-52, 2006.
10- "Curable Resins Based On From Recycled Poly(Ethylene Terephthalate) For Coating Applications", Progress in organic coatings,55:50-59,2006.
11- "Synthesis and Characterization of Some Degradable Polyesters". Material Research Innovation,10-2:1433-075,2006.
12. "Synthesis and Characterization of Novel Crude oil dispersants based on Ethoxylated Schiff base", International J. of Polymeric Materials, 57:860-877, 2008.
13. Mechanical characterization and chemical resistances of cured unsaturated polyester resins modified with vinyl ester resins based on recycled poly (ethylene terephthalate)", J. Applied Polymer Sci.,103(5), pp.3175-3182, (2007).
14. "Pyrolysis of Mixture of Scrap tyres and used lube oil at different Tyre: oil ratios in presence of Al2O3 as a catalyst"
15. "Thermochemical Recycling of Mixture of Scrap Tyres and Waste Lubricating Oil", Energy Conversion and Management 51:1304–1310(2010).
16. "Surface and thermodynamic properties of nonionic surfactants based on rosin maleic anhydride and acrylic acid adduct", Journal of Dispersion Science and Technology, 31:567–576(2010).
17. "Water-based oil spill dispersants based on rosin formaldehyde resins", Journal of Dispersion Science and Technology, 31:583–595(2010).
18. "Surface Properties and Thermodynamic Parameters of Some Sugar- Based Ethoxylated Amine Surfactants: 1-Synthesis,Characterization, and Demulsification Efficiency", Journal of surfactants and detergents (2011) 14:113–121.
19. "Synthesis, Surface-Active Properties, and Emulsification Efficiency of Trimeric-Type Nonionic Surfactants Derived From Tris (2-aminoethyl) amine", J Surfact Deterg (2011) 14:185-193.
20. "Synthesis and Study of the Surface Properties of Alkylnaphthalene and Alkylphenanthrene Sulfonates", Journal of surfactants and detergents (2011) 14:23–30.
21. "Synthesis and characterization of some organic esters for the production of hydraulic brake fluids", Egyptian Journal of Petroleum, 18,2: 103-116(2009)
22. “Sugar-Based Ethoxylated Amine Surfactants As Demulsifiers For Crude Oil Emulsions: 2- Demulsification Of Different Types Of Crudes” Brazilian Journal Of Petroleum And Gas | v. 4 n. 4 | p. 155-165 | 2010
23. Demulsifier Systems Applied to Breakdown Petroleum Sludge, Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering 78 (2011) 364–370
24. Biodegradable polyoxyethylenated pentaerythritol quadric esters as oil spill dispersants, Tenside Surf. Det. 49 (2012) 2, 114-123.
25. Thermo-Catalytic Versus Thermo-Chemical Recycling of Polystyrene Waste" Waste Biomass Valor (2013) 4:37–46
26. Some Sugar Fatty Ester Ethoxylates as Demulsifiers for Petroleum Sludge J Surfact Deterg (2013) 16:377–387
27. PHEMA magnetic nanogels for removal of Cu (II) ions from aqueous solution, International Journal of Chemistry and Material Science Vol. 1(2), pp. 036-044, February 2013.
28. New Model to Eliminate Salts from Sarir Crude Oil: A Case Study, Int. J. Eng. Res. & Sci. & Tech. 2013, Vol. 2, No. 4, November 2013.
29. The Rheological Properties of Lube Oil With Terpolymeric Additives, Petroleum Science and Technology 32 (17), 2115-2122(2014)
30. Novel Terpolymers as Pour Point Depressants and Viscosity Modifiers for Lube Oil, Petroleum Science and Technology 32 (6), 680-687(2014).
31. Synthesis and investigation of hydrogel nanoparticles based on natural polymer for removal of lead and copper(II) ions, Desalination and Water treatment, 57 (2016) 16150–16160, July.
32. Low cost biosorbents based on Modified Starch Iron Oxide Nanocomposites for Selective Removal of Some Heavy Metals from Aqueous Solutions, Adv. Mater. Lett. 2016, 7(5), 402-409.
33. Drug Delivery: pH-Sensitive Biopolymers, Encyclopedia of Biomedical Polymers, and Polymeric Biomaterials, 2812-2822, (2016).
34. Adsorbents based on natural polymers for removal of some heavy metals from aqueous solution, Egyptian Journal of Petroleum (2017) 26, 23–32.
35. Removal of Heavy Metals from Industrial Waste Water by Biomass-Based Materials: A Review, J Pollut Eff. Cont 2017, 5.