Editor Name: Dr. Esam Elsarrag
Educational Qualification: Ph.D, M.Sc
Department: Research and Development, Gulf Organisation for Research & Development,
Gulf Organisation for Research & Development
Research Interest: His research interest includes Energy efficiency and renewable energy, Business development and funds raising etc.
Biography: Dr. Esam Elsarrag is currently working as a Director for Research and Development, Gulf Organisation for Research & Development (GORD), Qatar. His multidisciplinary experience and leadership have been gained over a period of 25 years through teaching, research, consultancy & industry in addition to business development providing solutions to complicated technical and engineering problems. Since 1991 he continued working in the field of research, engineering and education. He always works closely with management and the team to ensure a consistent and high standard of work is achieved at all times.
1. QGreen Low Carbon Technologies: Cooling Greeen Houses and Barns using Geothermal Energy and Seawater Bittern Desiccant. Print ISBN 978-953-51-2875-5, , Publishe: InTech, Chapters published January 18, 2017 under CC BY 3.0 license
2. Towards Near Zero Energy Home. Energy Efficient Buildings, ISBN 978-953-51-28762, Print ISBN 978-953-51-2875-5, 212 pages, Publisher: InTech, Chapters published January 18, 2017 under CC BY 3.0 license
3. Environmental Impact Assessment of New District Development, Eco-Architecture V, Harmonisation between Architecture and Nature. WIT Transactions on the Built Environment. 2014;142:517-528. ISBN-13: 978-1845648220; 2013.
4. Using Micro Cogeneration Technologies to Enhance the Sustainable Built Environment: Planet Earth 2011 - Global Warming Challenges and Opportunities for Policy and Practice, 447-466, INTEC, ISBN 978-953-307-733-8, 2011
5. Railways: GSAS Design Assessment. GSAS Publication Series, ISBN-13: 978-1484896556; 2012.
6. Railways: GSAS Design Guidelines. GSAS Publication Series, ISBN-13: 978-1484896600; 2012.
7. Sports: GSAS Design Assessment. GSAS Publication Series, ISBN-13: 978-1484896525; 2013.
8. Sports: GSAS Design Guidelines. GSAS Publication Series, ISBN-13: 978-1484896549; 2013.
9. Workers Accommodation: GSAS Design Assessment. GSAS Publication Series, ISBN-13: 978-1500430382; 2014.
10. Workers Accommodation: GSAS Design Guidelines. GSAS Publication Series, ISBN-13: 978-1500430405; 2014.
11. Health Care: GSAS Design Assessment. GSAS Publication Series, ISBN-13: 978-1484896495; 2013.
12. Health Care: GSAS Design Guidelines. GSAS Publication Series, ISBN-13: 978-1484896518; 2013.
13. GSAS Energy Application. GSAS Publication Series, ISBN-13: 978-1484896471; 2013.
14. Esam Elsarrag, An Innovative Smart Liquid Desiccant Air Conditioning System for Indoor and Outdoor Cooling using Seawater Bittern, Innov Ener Res 2018, 7:1 DOI: 10.4172/2576-1463.1000178.
15. Esam Elsarrag, Opubo N.Igobo, Yousef Alhorr, Philip A.Davies Solar pond powered liquid desiccant evaporative cooling. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. Volume 58, May 2016, Pages 124-140.
16. Wahidul K. Biswas, Yousef Alhorr, Krishna K. Lawania, Prabir K. Sarker, Esam Elsarrag. Life cycle assessment for environmental product declaration of concrete in the Gulf States. Sustainable Cities and Society, Volume 35, November 2017, Pages 36-46.
17. YousefAl Horr, MohammedArif, AmitKaushik, Ahmed Mazroei, , ShashwatMishra. Occupant productivity and indoor environment quality: A case of GSAS. IJSBE, Elsevier Volume 6, Issue 2, December 2017, Pages 476-490.
18. Prakash C. Phondani, Arvind Bhatt, Esam Elsarrag, Yousef M. Alhorr, Ali El-Keblawy. Criteria and indicator approach of global sustainability assessment system for sustainable landscaping using native plants in Qatar. Ecological Indicators, Volume 69, October 2016, Pages 381-389
19. Abubakr Younis, Esam Elsarrag, et al. 2018. The Influence of Al 2 O 3-ZnO-H 2 O Nanofluid on the Thermodynamic Performance of Photovoltaic-Thermal Hybrid Solar Collector System. Innovative Energy Research. Doi. 10.4172/2576-1463.1000187.
20. Easm Elsarrag, Ammar Elhoweris, Yousef Alhorr (2017). The production of hydrogen as an alternative energy carrier from aluminium waste. Energy, Sustainability and Society. ISSN: 2192-0567. Springer.
21. Yousef Alhorr, Ammar Elhoweris and Esam Elsarrag. 2017. The development of a novel process for the production of calcium sulfoaluminate, IJSBE, Elsevier. Pages 273-742.
22. Abubakr Younis, M. Onsa, Yousef Alhorr and Esam Elsarrag. 2017. Development of an Empirical Coefficient for the Short Circuit Current to Determine Soiling Effect on PV Performance. UOFKEJ. 7. 34-40.
23. Di Zhang, Yousef Alhorr, Esam Elsarrag, Abdul Hamid Marafia, Paola Lettieri, Lazaros G. Papageorgiou, Fair design of CCS infrastructure for power plants in Qatar under carbon trading scheme. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control 56 (2017), Pages 43–54
24. Elsarrag E., Alhorr Y., A Novel Integrated Building Energy System for High Performance Façade, Energy Procedia. Volume 91, June 2016, Pages 938–944
25. Elsarrag E., Opubo N. Igobo, Yousef Alhorr, Philip A. Davies, Solar pond powered liquid desiccant evaporative cooling. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Volume 58, May 2016, Pages 124 140
26. Alhorr Y., Mohammed Arif, Martha Katafygiotou, Ahmed Mazroei, Amit Kaushik, Esam Elsarrag, Impact of indoor environmental quality on occupant well-being and comfort: A review of the literature. International Journal of Sustainable Built Environment, DOI:10.1016/j.ijsbe.2016.03.006 Available online 1 April 2016
27. J.L. Galvez-Martos, J. Morrison, G. Jauffret, E. Elsarrag, Y. AlHorr, M.S. Imbabi, F.P. Glasser, Environmental assessment of aqueous alkaline absorption of carbon dioxide and its use to produce a construction material. Resources, Conservation and Recycling, Volume 107, February 2016, Pages 129-141
28. Arvind Bhatt, María Mercedes Carón, Kris Verheyen, Esam Elsarrag, Yousef Alhorr Germination and seedling performance of five native legumes of the Arabian Desert Flora - Morphology, Distribution, Functional Ecology of Plants, Volume 220, April 2016, Pages 125-133.
29. Elsarrag E. , Hans Pernau , Jana Heuer , Nibul Roshan , Yousef Alhorr and Kilian Bartholomé, Spectrum splitting for efficient utilization of solar radiation: a novel photovoltaic–thermoelectric power generation system. Renewables (2015) 2:16 DOI 10.1186/s40807-015-0016-y
30. Alhorr Y., Mohammed Arif, Tabassum Bano, Charles Egbu, Ahmed Mazroei, Esam Elsarrag, Creating a better healing environment in Qatari healthcare sector: Exploring the research agenda for the future. International Journal of Sustainable Built Environment, Volume 4, Issue 1, June 2015, Pages 158-164.
31. Alhorr Y., Esam Elsarrag, Climate Change Mitigation through Energy Benchmarking in the GCC Green Buildings Codes Buildings 2015, 5(2), 700-714; DOI:10.3390/buildings5020700
32. Elsarrag E., Eliskandarani E., Alhorr Y., CIBSE Approaches to reducing carbon dioxide emissions in the built environment: Low carbon cities. International Journal of Sustainable Built Environment. November 2014 DOI:10.1016/j.ijsbe.2014.11.003
33. Elsarrag E., Alhorr Y. Green building practices: Optimisation of CCHP and biomass heating for maximum CO2 reduction in a mixed-use development. International Journal of Sustainable Built Environment. ISSN 02100665; 1 (2013): 99-108.
34. Elsarrag E., Alhorr Y., Imbabi M. Improving building fabric energy efficiency in hot- humid climates using dynamic insulation. BUILD SIMUL (2012) 5: 127–134. DOI 10.1007/s12273-012- 0067-6.
35. Elsarrag E., Alhorr Y. Using Dynamic Facade for Indoor Air Quality, Thermal Comfort and Energy Efficient Air Conditioning. U of KEJ ISSN 18586333; 1 (2011):63-66
36. Elsarrag E., Alhorr Y. Modelling the thermal energy demand of a Passive-House in the Gulf Region: The impact of Thermal insulation. International Journal of Sustainable Built Environment. ISSN 02100665; 1 (2012): 1-15.
37. Elsarrag E., Alhorr Y., CIBSE Technical Symposium, Leicester, UK, September 2011 DOI:10.3943/2011.0012.
38. Elsarrag E. Revealing the primary objectives of Green Construction Standards. 2011. DOI:10.5339/qproc.2012.gccenergy.2.22
39. Elsarrag E. and Kamal Abdalla. Effectiveness and Performance of Counter Flow Liquid Desiccant Regeneration Tower in Hot-Humid Climate. ASHRAE Transactions ISSN 0001-25051(1), 2009.
40. Elsarrag E., Mansour F. and Kamal Abdalla. Performance Study of an HVAC Counter Flow Cooling Tower in a Humid Climate. ASHRAE Transactions. ISSN 0001-2505 1(1),2009.
41. Elsarrag E., Experimental Study of using fuel cells in dwellings for energy saving lighting and other low power applications. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 33 (2008) 4427-4432.
42. Elsarrag E. An alternative system to supply treated fresh air for high rise buildings in humid climates and energy savings in UAE. Refrigeration, Heating and Air Conditioning, ISSN 02100665, 400 (2008): 60-68
43. Elsarrag E. Evaporation Rate on a Novel Tilted Solar Liquid Desiccant Regeneration System; Solar Energy, 82 (2008), 663-668.
44. Elsarrag E. Moisture Removal Rate for Air Dehumidification by Tri-Ethylene Glycol in a structured Packed Column. Energy Conversion & Management, 48 (2007) 327-332.
45. Elsarrag E. Dehumidification of Air by Chemical Liquid Desiccant in a Packed Column and Its Heat and Mass Transfer Effectiveness. HVAC&R Research Journal, ASHRAE, 2006; 12 (1): 3-13.
46. Elsarrag, E. Experimental Study and Predictions of an Induced Draft Ceramic Cooling Tower. Energy Conversion & Management, 47 (2006) 2034-2043.
47. Elsarrag, E. Performance Study on a Structured Packed Liquid Desiccant Regenerator. Solar Energy. 80 (12), 2006, 1624-1631.
48. Elsarrag E, Elmagzoub EMA, Jain S. Design guidelines and performance study on a structured packed liquid desiccant –air conditioning system. HVAC&R Research ASHRAE 2005. 11:319-337.
49. Elsarrag E, Elmagzoub EMA, Jain S. Mass-transfer correlations for dehumidification of air by triethylene glycol in a structured packed column. Ind. Eng. Chem. Res. American Chemical Society 2004; 43:7676-7681.